Hotmail...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Morning, just curious, do we have a lot of Hotmail users using iOS?

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Hubby uses it, & I use gmail.

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Hmm seems Gmail is still leading the way...

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
I have a hotmail from my collage email , but can't seem to set it up with the mail app :( Apple don't seem to like hotmail one bit ...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...set it up as Exchange, server name m.hotmail.com - it works fine. I have\had one setup :)

I have a hotmail from my collage email , but can't seem to set it up with the mail app :( Apple don't seem to like hotmail one bit ...

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK

Attachments

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Confused, your college email is on Hotmail's servers, a bit like Google Apps?

Try removing the info in the Domain field.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Confused, your college email is on Hotmail's servers, a bit like Google Apps?

Try removing the info in the Domain field.
So your selection of Hotmail was based on best spam filtering? You enjoy usability vs GMail?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Chris I use Gmail, well actually Google Apps, I have my own domain. I was curious if others were using Hotmail on iOS.

Gmail\Google Apps is certainly the way to go :)

So your selection of Hotmail was based on best spam filtering? You enjoy usability vs GMail?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Primary Email: Mac.com
Secondary Email: GMail
Spam/Online Shopping: Hotmail

The biggest problem with Hotmail is the sheer volume of spam that arrives each day. The filtering is good so only the emails I want to get through actually hit my iPhone inbox. But I find it's necessary to look through the spam folder often just to make sure something I don't want in there hasn't been filtered into spam.

I also have mail.com and yahoo email accounts but they've been so awful I mostly just ignore them.

Mar 9, 2012
iOS + Hotmail (setup for Exchange) is the perfect combination. In fact it's the primary reason I bought an iPhone. I can literally hear the button on my mouse click "send" and my girlfriend's iPad email notification goes off--it's THAT fast!

I have a custom domain pointing to the account.

I get no spam at all. I use the option to delete spam permanently and never see it.

iOS automatically syncs the contacts and reminders too. Very pleased with the integration.

The bar has been raised and I will no longer settle for anything less than full contact, calendar and email synchronization. No more POP. No more IMAP.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I can literally hear the button on my mouse click "send" and my girlfriend's iPad email notification goes off--it's THAT fast!
That's how fast Yahoo has always been for me. It's faster than if I send it on my desktop computer!