Hotmail...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Confused, your college email is on Hotmail's servers, a bit like Google Apps?

Try removing the info in the Domain field.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Chris I use Gmail, well actually Google Apps, I have my own domain. I was curious if others were using Hotmail on iOS.

Gmail\Google Apps is certainly the way to go :)

So your selection of Hotmail was based on best spam filtering? You enjoy usability vs GMail?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Primary Email: Mac.com
Secondary Email: GMail
Spam/Online Shopping: Hotmail

The biggest problem with Hotmail is the sheer volume of spam that arrives each day. The filtering is good so only the emails I want to get through actually hit my iPhone inbox. But I find it's necessary to look through the spam folder often just to make sure something I don't want in there hasn't been filtered into spam.

I also have mail.com and yahoo email accounts but they've been so awful I mostly just ignore them.

Mar 9, 2012
iOS + Hotmail (setup for Exchange) is the perfect combination. In fact it's the primary reason I bought an iPhone. I can literally hear the button on my mouse click "send" and my girlfriend's iPad email notification goes off--it's THAT fast!

I have a custom domain pointing to the account.

I get no spam at all. I use the option to delete spam permanently and never see it.

iOS automatically syncs the contacts and reminders too. Very pleased with the integration.

The bar has been raised and I will no longer settle for anything less than full contact, calendar and email synchronization. No more POP. No more IMAP.