Housecleaner of the year award goes to............

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Step one: HEFTY EVERYTHING.

This will fix that up nice and tidy.

Oh you say you need to get rid of smoke odors? and disinfect? SURE! no problem! Mix a few drops into a spray bottle and spray away on everything, walls fabric etc.

What? The odor still lingers? OH no worries lol Get a bowl and fill it with vinegar and 1tsp of soda bicarb and place it in each room for 3 days.

lol at my house cleaning. (seriously tho what i said works if u need to get rid of smoke odor w/o chemicals xD) That room has hope!lol

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Theres no way someone was actually living there...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
There's no way anyone lived there. that had to be staged.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^you would be amazed. one of my best friends growing up is now a firefighter. when he was doing emt work in detroit and pontiac he went into houses that he described were worse than that. i'm talking fecal material and other waste all over the floor, walls, and even ceiling. drugs and mental sickness will do some horrible things to people and their living conditions.

either way, if whoever lived there smoked all of those cigs, i think its safe to say they are dead or on their way.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Pepe is right - some people actually are that messy.

Though I tend to believe that someone did break into Pepe's apartment and cleaned it up! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've had actual personal friends that lived not far from those conditions. Not close friends, but still... you'd be Amazed.

cindra

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
North Carolina
Yep, and strangely enough, their personal hygiene is excellent. You wonder how they can be so clean themselves while living in filth like that!

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
that has to be one of the most disgusting living environments i have ever seen!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Where did you find these pics, Apple? This has to be a result of addiction and mental illness. I feel soo sorry for the people who had to clean this up; definitely one for "Dirty Jobs".
That stench will be difficult remove. I've had rental properties restored after heavy smokers moved out; had the walls stripped, sealed, and repainted. Had the carpeting and carpet pad removed and replaced. Still, the smoke can permeate the structure, and people with sensitive olfactory systems will likely be able to pick up on it.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Where did you find these pics, Apple? This has to be a result of addiction and mental illness. I feel soo sorry for the people who had to clean this up; definitely one for "Dirty Jobs".
That stench will be difficult remove. I've had rental properties restored after heavy smokers moved out; had the walls stripped, sealed, and repainted. Had the carpeting and carpet pad removed and replaced. Still, the smoke can permeate the structure, and people with sensitive olfactory systems will likely be able to pick up on it.
The pics are circulating via e-mail. My wife sent them to me. This was apparently found after a Houston hurricane evacuation. It looks to be a one bedroom apartment. The turnover for this apartment will require a carpet replacement and sealing the walls with Kilz. All blinds will have to be replaced as the strings in them absorb the smell. The unit will probably house an ozone machine for a couple weeks. I used to work in apartment maintenance, and I was not shocked by these pictures because I have witnessed damage like this before. Maybe not as extreme cigarette butt wise but still bad. You see all sorts of stuff being the maintenance man at an apartment complex! I have enough stories to fill the pages of a book!:p

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
People living in places like that have a really strong immune system. :p

But really, who broke into Pepe's house?