How about those of us who don't want to jailbreak but want apps on 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
I am with ATT and happy. However, I have a 1.0.2 and was considering upgrading to 1.1.1. Can I get all my apps back with the new installer.app? All I see are the guys wanting to jailbreak. I have no interest in that at all. Thanks for the help.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Actually you DO have an interest in jailbreaking :) Jailbreaking the phone isn't the same as unlocking it. Jailbreaking it is what is done to unlock the file system and allow you to install all of the 3rd party apps. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two totally different things :)

I am with ATT and happy. However, I have a 1.0.2 and was considering upgrading to 1.1.1. Can I get all my apps back with the new installer.app? All I see are the guys wanting to jailbreak. I have no interest in that at all. Thanks for the help.

Oct 13, 2007
Actually you DO have an interest in jailbreaking :) Jailbreaking the phone isn't the same as unlocking it. Jailbreaking it is what is done to unlock the file system and allow you to install all of the 3rd party apps. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two totally different things :)
Ok, thanks. I used the nullriver app installer before and let that do whatever it needed. I never used Ibrickr. What do we use now in Windows to get the apps on a 1.1.1?

kgil79

Aug 16, 2007
I was just wondering when or will there be app tap for 1.1.1? I am not savvy enough to go through the jailbreaking tutorials that have been posted. I and many others out there want the simple install that app tap did for 1.0.2.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Last edited by a moderator: