How am I gonna get this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 6, 2007
United States
I am still weighing my options for the best way to get this thing and hoping I won't need to camp out. I am actually going to a local Apple store in a bit to see if they know anything about demand, supplies, features, etc.

You guys have any suggestions? Feel free to comment on how you, personally, are planning on acquiring the iPhone on day one.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
A friend and I (he has no intention of getting an iPhone, just doesn't mind camping out with me) are going to the AT&T store at closing time on Thursday. It is located right next to an Outback Steakhouse so we're covered on food. We are just going to sit there from about 7 PM Thursday night until opening time on Friday (hopefully it's 9 AM). I'm just going to bring my portable DVD player, some lawn chairs, and some snacks. Hopefully it will last us.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I had a conversation with an Apple store rep yesterday and he said that they'll probably have a line longer than they had for the opening of the store. This line probably had around 600 people in it, maybe. 500 - 700 I'd estimate. If this is true, I'm looking at a long wait. I really want to be #1 in line. Or at least #2. It's gonna be a long wait... At least it won't be cold like the november Wii launch of 18º, that was just ridiculous.

I'll probably just go scope it out the morning of the 28th, keep an eye on it the rest of the day, and then at 6 or 7 if there's no one else there I'll claim my spot.

May 6, 2007
United States
I had a conversation with an Apple store rep yesterday and he said that they'll probably have a line longer than they had for the opening of the store. This line probably had around 600 people in it, maybe. 500 - 700 I'd estimate. If this is true, I'm looking at a long wait. I really want to be #1 in line. Or at least #2. It's gonna be a long wait... At least it won't be cold like the november Wii launch of 18º, that was just ridiculous.

I'll probably just go scope it out the morning of the 28th, keep an eye on it the rest of the day, and then at 6 or 7 if there's no one else there I'll claim my spot.

This is a lot like what I am planning. I am gonna go at 3 or 4 P.M. on Thursday to scout out what is going on and if there are people there by early that evening, I will go home and get my stuff to wait out. Otherwise, I will get there early the next morning.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Its really hard to tell how many people will really be there. I'm guessing that only real die-hard Apple fans or people with way too much money will really wait it out for launch day. Not everyone has $600 to throw down on a phone AND the money to support a monthly bill for it for 2 years minimum.

I just hope that in the end everyone gets what they want, and the plans aren't unbearably expensive.

May 6, 2007
United States
I think a lot of people will be waiting, but not like the Playstation3 frenzies.
I agree. I talked to an Apple store rep at the ol' local store, and he said that there will be plenty of people out there, but that I should be able to get one. So I guess I will either camp out, or get there early in the morning. This is pretty much the only thing I have left to figure out, what time to go.

Jun 5, 2007
I agree. I talked to an Apple store rep at the ol' local store, and he said that there will be plenty of people out there, but that I should be able to get one. So I guess I will either camp out, or get there early in the morning. This is pretty much the only thing I have left to figure out, what time to go.
i have the same problem as you right now :laugh2:

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
early Fri AM

i have the same problem as you right now :laugh2:
I will not camp out ... & I'm hoping that arriving before the store opens on Fri AM is good enough to get one.

Otherwise, I will have to wait. With the Wii, I got one close to retail price over the Internet, but that won't be an option w/the iPhone.

One strategy I may try - the AT&T store opens earlier than the Apple store. I may hit one & then try the other. Of course, I will try both the afternoon before to see if they'll tell me how many they got.

One thing to be careful of - the AT&T folks told me that only "main" stores will have them initially...not all the smaller satellite stores.

Good luck to all who want an iPhone!
Kewl!o :cool: