How Apple got my business back

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Well my iPhone was having issues.
Called 1800MYiPhone, talked to about 5 service guys, they all made things worse with no customer service at all. One guy told me he was making an appointment at my Apple store for phone evaluation and troubleshooting.
Got there for my appointment, it didn't exist. Called AppleCape, asked immediately for a supervisor, he provided more information and of course apologies. He CLAIMED he would call me back in 24 hours to see if my issues still existed with safari and the phone locking up. After speaking with the supervisor I returned to the store that night, spoke with a genius and the manager approved a 4gb upgrade to 8gb with no charge.

Returned last night box and all, upgraded to the 8gb iPhone AND they granted me full refund from 499 to 399 as if i bought the phone last night. Even though its an Apple gift card since i bought from ATT, they definetely kept my businesss.

Two thumbs up to Apple and now time to go spend my gift card.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Called 1800MYiPhone, talked to about 5 service guys, they all made things worse with no customer service at all. One guy told me he was making an appointment at my Apple store for phone evaluation and troubleshooting.
Got there for my appointment, it didn't exist. Called AppleCape, asked immediately for a supervisor, he provided more information and of course apologies. He CLAIMED he would call me back in 24 hours to see if my issues still existed with safari and the phone locking up. After speaking with the supervisor I returned to the store that night, spoke with a genius and the manager approved a 4gb upgrade to 8gb with no charge.

Returned last night box and all, upgraded to the 8gb iPhone AND they granted me full refund from 499 to 399 as if i bought the phone last night. Even though its an Apple gift card since i bought from ATT, they definetely kept my businesss.

Wow! They really took care of you huh?!

*ahem* you hear that 4gb owners?

*Hrrremph* "My speaker isn't loud enough, I think something is wrong"

"OH, lookie there, you all don't sell the 4gb anymore, what to do now?"

;) you know what to do...hehe

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
I sat next to a guy at the genius bar. he complained that his battery lasted maybe 6 hours of standby and very little usage.

They asked if they could test some things in the back, walked back, turned right back out with an 8gb and refunded his money b.c he bought from Apple.

If you bought from ATT Apple MAY, if your lucky, return in Apple credit, or deal with ATT for cash refund.

4gig buyers, I would say give it a shot, if your battery dies often or your having issues. Speak with a genius, ask about an upgrade, then have them ask their manager if you can just upgrade!

Joker

Aug 1, 2007

Wow,That's great.How long did you have your phone for?I bought mine at AT&T and they basically said they couldn't do anything.I'm going to take the 45min drive to the Apple store and try to exchange my 4gb for the 8..