how are 3rd party apps developed?

Jan 9, 2008
I just finished jailbreaking.

maybe this forum will help.

My question is -

how were these applications developed?
what langauge?
how did they have the time?
how have all of these apps been coded in just a matter of months?
are there pre-built frameworks or engines these people use?

Also, companies like nullriver - how do they do so much development?

what am i not seeing here? THANKS

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The applications were developed that quickly because there was a high demand for them and you need to take in account that it isn't one set of programmars creating them all, there are many many programmars writing the different software. There was even one gentleman that did an Application a day for an entire month. That was incredibly impressive.
If there are 300 programmars out there each working on a different program it is concievable to have 300 new programs released every month (depending upon the complexity of the programs).

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The applications were developed that quickly because there was a high demand for them and you need to take in account that it isn't one set of programmars creating them all, there are many many programmars writing the different software. There was even one gentleman that did an Application a day for an entire month. That was incredibly impressive.
If there are 300 programmars out there each working on a different program it is concievable to have 300 new programs released every month (depending upon the complexity of the programs).

And don't forget the 11 year old!

bigcat

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I was also wondering if there are any references out there on how to get started coding native apps, or is it a closed circle of developers with access to the info?

I guess some info will definitely be available once the official SDK is released.

Jan 9, 2008
I was also wondering if there are any references out there on how to get started coding native apps, or is it a closed circle of developers with access to the info?

I guess some info will definitely be available once the official SDK is released.

Totally - this is what i am very interested in? I've never done any mobile development, but what are the typical langauges used for native phone development? Java, C++, Ruby? Thanks