How are non-sport bands for exercise?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by acosmichippo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I'm specifically interested in the Milanese Loop. Has anyone exercised with it yet? Does it slip on your wrist when it gets sweaty? Does the magnet stay secure when jogging? Are you concerned with sweat/gunk getting caught in the mesh?

I have a white sport band, but I really just don't care for the look. It's fine for workouts, but the rest of the time I'd prefer something a little nicer. I love how the Milanese Loop looks, but I DON'T want to switch bands every time I go to the gym (Loop for most of the day, and Sport Band at the gym). That seems like it would be a pain in the ass, plus the high likelihood that I'd lose part or the bands in the locker room.

2. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I can't answer your question (sorry), but I will tell you I purchased the Black Classic Buckle Apple Watch specifically to exercise and play tennis in. My main everyday band will be the Black Leather Loop which i purchased separately. I don't remember where, but I read in a review that the Leather Loop loosens a tiny bit over the course of a day without exercise involved. That's what sparked my plan. I can tell you that when I had my try on appointment at the Apple Store, the Milanese Loop was solid as far as the magnetic clasping goes - way more-so than the leather loop. So I don't think you'll have to worry about it slipping at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold