How are you all doing on your minutes/plans?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
So I got the $59.99 plan for 450 minutes. Between 6/30 - 7/4, I had already used 97 minutes. Luckily a new billing date started after 7/4. So far I have used 19 minutes. I can't remember how many text messages I've used but I think it's around 20. If I keep going at this rate, I may have to change to the 900 minute plan.

I'm glad the data is unlimited because I'm already at 5MB.

It's really easy to monitor use as the AT&T account online is very easy to read and understand.

What plan did you get? How are you doing on usage so far? Do you think you may need to get more minutes/text?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
So I got the $59.99 plan for 450 minutes. Between 6/30 - 7/4, I had already used 97 minutes. Luckily a new billing date started after 7/4. So far I have used 19 minutes. I can't remember how many text messages I've used but I think it's around 20. If I keep going at this rate, I may have to change to the 900 minute plan.

I'm glad the data is unlimited because I'm already at 5MB.

It's really easy to monitor use as the AT&T account online is very easy to read and understand.

What plan did you get? How are you doing on usage so far? Do you think you may need to get more minutes/text?
i have the 900 minute plan. I figure the $20 more a month is probably less than what i'd be paying in overage fees if i went over the 450 minutes. Plus the rollover minutes are a good thing. If i only use 600 minutes and can pocket 300 rollover minutes i could talk 1200 min. next month. I love Verizon's network, but i'm so glad i switched over to AT&T/Cingular-Verizon gets pretty darned expensive.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
rollover

i have the 900 minute plan. I figure the $20 more a month is probably less than what i'd be paying in overage fees if i went over the 450 minutes. Plus the rollover minutes are a good thing. If i only use 600 minutes and can pocket 300 rollover minutes i could talk 1200 min. next month. I love Verizon's network, but i'm so glad i switched over to AT&T/Cingular-Verizon gets pretty darned expensive.
i don't understand rollover minutes can someone explain this to me please

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i don't understand rollover minutes can someone explain this to me please
basically the norm is you pay for a set number of minutes...say 900 for example. With most plans and carriers you lose whatever minutes you don't use. With rollover, say you use 700 of your 900 minutes. That 200 minutes then gets added as for lack of better words "reserve" minutes. Say you use 1000 minutes the following month, that's 100 over what your plan is for. That 100 minutes comes out of your rollover minutes balance instead of paying overage for using that 100 minutes over your original allotment.

I think that's how it works. Im new with ATT/Cingular but all of my family is on it and from what they tell me that's how it works.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Whatever anytime minutes you don't use in a month get bumped into a rollover minute account. So say the next month you go over your a loted 450 minutes (or other minute plans) by 50 minutes, they will take the 450 as specified in your plan and then take 50 minutes from your accrued rollover bucket you build up over the months. I had close to 775 rollover minutes racked up (!) before I went over by around 50 minutes. I saved up my rollover minutes realizing when I got the iPhone I'd be using some...and boy howdy have I.

Thank goodness for rollover!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
When do the rollover minutes expire? Is it every month?
your rollover minutes are good for 12 months. after 12 months all rollover minutes that are 12 months or older are purged from your balance. You still keep your ones that are newer than 12 months but the older ones you lose.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Thanks Aggie. I may have to up my plan to 900 minutes though maybe I will wait until after I a pay my first bill (which will likely be a whopper given the activation fee and the way they bill first/last month).

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Whatever anytime minutes you don't use in a month get bumped into a rollover minute account. So say the next month you go over your a loted 450 minutes (or other minute plans) by 50 minutes, they will take the 450 as specified in your plan and then take 50 minutes from your accrued rollover bucket you build up over the months. I had close to 775 rollover minutes racked up (!) before I went over by around 50 minutes. I saved up my rollover minutes realizing when I got the iPhone I'd be using some...and boy howdy have I.

Thank goodness for rollover!
thank all of you for helping me i've been a nextel customer for years so i wasn't aware of rollover