How AT&T stole 500mb of data from me and how it can happen to you

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Ok so basically if they did the same thing to you, you would be ok with it? So say you used right at 2gb, right below your cap but att decides they are only going to charge you for 1gb of it that month and 1gb the next month and then your really over if you use 2gb again. yes, I don't see no problems with that! Are you serious?
It's just not right. They're betting that the average person won't keep tabs on their usage, and then hammer them with overages, just because AT&T can't add the proper usage to the proper bill. The only entity that benefits from not having real-time data tracking is AT&T.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Ok so basically if they did the same thing to you, you would be ok with it? So say you used right at 2gb, right below your cap but att decides they are only going to charge you for 1gb of it that month and 1gb the next month and then your really over if you use 2gb again. yes, I don't see no problems with that! Are you serious?
Did you even read my post? Where did I say I wouldn't have a problem with it if it happened to me? Clue: I didn't.

I asked if he had it in writing that AT&T would account for all his data usage on the same day it was used and bill him accordingly. I don't see that in my contract with AT&T. Do you see it in yours?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I will conduct a test my bill cycle starts on 11/2/10. I will turn off cellular data, and text them to see....

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

H

Hayesimus

Well I nearly got screwed. I called to shut off a phone and somehow in the process the idiot removed my unlimited data, and yet still informed me I was unlimited. Then when I upgraded to iPhone 4 a few days ago dude told me I was on the small data plan. I said that I should be unlimited and he just kept on going. Well I checked my account online and then it said I was on the 2 gig plan. So I was like WTF? So I call AT&T and they returned me to unlimited. I was expecting them to tell me something along the lines of too bad so sad but they came through for me. You just have to keep complaining and eventually the right person will come along and fix it for you. I just wish I didn't have to do this so frequently! Lol

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Well I nearly got screwed. I called to shut off a phone and somehow in the process the idiot removed my unlimited data, and yet still informed me I was unlimited. Then when I upgraded to iPhone 4 a few days ago dude told me I was on the small data plan. I said that I should be unlimited and he just kept on going. Well I checked my account online and then it said I was on the 2 gig plan. So I was like WTF? So I call AT&T and they returned me to unlimited. I was expecting them to tell me something along the lines of too bad so sad but they came through for me. You just have to keep complaining and eventually the right person will come along and fix it for you. I just wish I didn't have to do this so frequently! Lol
Arent you hawk?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

H

Hayesimus

Uh no? I'm Hayes...

H

Hayesimus

Hawk is my bro. It's bromantic.

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
@macgirl

Of course it is in writing. I get 2gb of data for my billing cycle. What if you had an old plan with 450 minutes and no rollover minutes. on day 25 you have used 200 total minutes. On day 26-30 you have used 250 minutes (long conversation with a family member). But they didn't count those minutes for the previous billing cycle because "it takes a while for their system to update". Now your next billing cycle you only have 200 minutes to use. What if you want to talk for 300 minutes in the first 2 weeks. You're going to pay for $0.45/min for 50 minutes...plus every other phone call you make for the rest of the month.

Also, you forget the fact that its not consistent. 1 month it could be 7 days behind, the next it could be within 12 hours. you could effectively have 2gb of data for 37 days. How is that what you paid for?

Believe me, anytime they can charge you they will "update their records" immediately. Anytime it is beneficial to you they will...well you get the idea.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
In one of these situations, I would be happy. If they never charged it, then they charged it when I was dead

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app