How can I access the springboard files?

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by senioroso, May 9, 2009.

1. senioroso

senioroso New Member

i searched this and couldnt find anything, but i don't feel like dealing with winterboard and all that jazz. id much rather prefer to find the springboard files [ie the pictures and whatnot] so i can edit them and make a theme kinda of deal. i know where to find the files in the phone itself, a directory, or possibly where they are if they are flashed on the phone. any help would be aweosme.

ps: ive been hacking for like 6 years so im no n00b to all this, hardest part about changing stuff is finding it -_-

2. BazookaAce

BazookaAce Member
    Bronze

3. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

ssh ftw.

if you are using windows you will need winscp and if you are on mac you will need cyberduck. youtube "ssh iPhone" and there are plenty of video tutorials. you will have to have a wifi network as well.

4. senioroso

senioroso New Member

call me stupid or whatever, but im using the iPhone browser v1.8.1.0, ive been using this ever since i got my touch and have found a few things, but from what i can tell this is a way to access SSH, correct me if im wrong. but after spending the past week scathing through all the seemingly empty folders and useless .plst files throughout all the subdirectories i have yet to find any files for the springboard other then simple things like the carrier name.png battery icons and other things, i was wondering where i could find things liek the boot up image [you know that lame looking Apple] wallpeper for the actual apps screen, theme settings for browsing my music. theme stuff you know but as i said before i have yet to find any of this.

please help me out here =D

as an edit: is there a way i can do this w/o wifi?

5. BazookaAce

BazookaAce Member
    Bronze

I have no idea where these files are! Haven't looked for them.
    Install LogoMe from Cydia. Takes about 30secs to change the "bootlogo" (If you're jailbroken)

6. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

#6 PepeRB29, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  7. BazookaAce

BazookaAce Member
    Bronze

LogoMe is updated en fixed since that post was written. I have used it myself, and it works fine.

8. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

well as recent as 5/6/09 someone reported having problems with it. it was with an ipod touch so i cannot validate whether to not it is fixed (or if they weren't updated to the newest version), however i would not advertise it unless you are 100% sure, so if you are go for it, i won't put my name on it though.

9. BazookaAce

BazookaAce Member
    Bronze

Hmm.. Well, do it on your own risk. It may brick your iPhone/iPod, but i haven't had any problems with it. Yet. You better know what you're doing.