How can I activate the iPhone without getting a contract?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimbo213

Oct 17, 2007
Los Angeles
Cause my friend wont be able to active his phone until 3 months but he want to use the ipod feature atleast, but right now he cant do anything cause the phone is not activated. Its version 1.1.1

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
it needs to be jailbroken... www.hacktheiPhone.com or look in the modifications area there are a number of ways of doing this... some quite involved with 1.1.1 so take your time and go slow... good to read over it a couple of times before attemting...

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Cause my friend wont be able to active his phone until 3 months but he want to use the ipod feature atleast, but right now he cant do anything cause the phone is not activated. Its version 1.1.1
on v1.1.1 u gotta jailbreak first =(

jimbo213

Oct 17, 2007
Los Angeles
Don't I need to have the phone activated before I jailbreak it? Because i was going to jailbreak it with this program but it said to visit some page on safari using the iPhone but I can't do anything with the phone. Just make an emergency call.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Don't I need to have the phone activated before I jailbreak it? Because i was going to jailbreak it with this program but it said to visit some page on safari using the iPhone but I can't do anything with the phone. Just make an emergency call.
No need to do that now, there's programs that almost do it all for you, and yes if your going to v1.1.1 then u need to jailbreak.

if on mac use iFuntastic! :D

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Check this thread it, it will tell you what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbo213

Oct 17, 2007
Los Angeles
Check this thread it, it will tell you what to do.
When I try the activation thing its says the iPhone has to be jailbroken. And when I use the touch free program to jailbreak the phone I am unabled to jailbreak the phone because in one of the steps i have to visit this page on the iPhone but my friends iPhone is not activated. He can only make an emergency call.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
When I try the activation thing its says the iPhone has to be jailbroken. And when I use the touch free program to jailbreak the phone I am unabled to jailbreak the phone because in one of the steps i have to visit this page on the iPhone but my friends iPhone is not activated. He can only make an emergency call.
1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
2. Enter *#307# and then press call
3. Your phone will ring itself. Delete all the numbers at the top, press 0, then call. Now answer the call.
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as >> prefs://1F This will bring up your Settings menu. Go to WiFi. Choose your network and if you did it right you will see a wifi signal on top of the iPhone.
8. Leave your phone like that now for a minute or two. Then shut down your iPhone and restart. After the iPhone restarts it should have the Wifi icon showing at the top...if it does not do steps 1 - 8 again. (This is normal, took me 5 tries to get the Wifi)
9. Once the wifi is working, do steps 1 - 5 again. For the next step add another contact give it another name and this time add the address as >> Link removed, website no longer available
10. Save the contact and then go to the 2nd url you just saved. Safari will load the page and then close automatically to the home screen (the screen that says activate iPhone).
11. Now run this. If you can't get to the homescreen after trying to run it, restore your iPhone in iTunes first. The best way to do this is to open up iTunes, hold the sleep and home button for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of the sleep and keep holding the home button until iTunes says you need to restore the phone. Let iTunes restore the phone to firmware 1.1.1. Then restart the tutorial from step 1.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
3. Your phone will ring itself. Delete all the numbers at the top, press 0, then call. Now answer the call.
Does this only work with aa AT&T SIM in the USA?

I can't get it to work in the UK.

What other options are there to bypass the activation screen?

jimbo213

Oct 17, 2007
Los Angeles
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
6. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as >> prefs://1F This will bring up your Settings menu. Go to WiFi. Choose your network and if you did it right you will see a wifi signal on top of the iPhone.
8. Leave your phone like that now for a minute or two. Then shut down your iPhone and restart. After the iPhone restarts it should have the Wifi icon showing at the top...if it does not do steps 1 - 8 again. (This is normal, took me 5 tries to get the Wifi)
9. Once the wifi is working, do steps 1 - 5 again. For the next step add another contact give it another name and this time add the address as >> Link removed, website no longer available
10. Save the contact and then go to the 2nd url you just saved. Safari will load the page and then close automatically to the home screen (the screen that says activate iPhone).
11. Now run this. If you can't get to the homescreen after trying to run it, restore your iPhone in iTunes first. The best way to do this is to open up iTunes, hold the sleep and home button for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of the sleep and keep holding the home button until iTunes says you need to restore the phone. Let iTunes restore the phone to firmware 1.1.1. Then restart the tutorial from step 1.
Thanks. That worked for me.