How can I block a number on my iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by garcia.pacheco, Aug 6, 2013.

1. garcia.pacheco

garcia.pacheco New Member

How can I block a number on my iPhone 5?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Jailbreak and install iBlacklist if you're not running 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 or install the iOS 7 beta - it has an option for blocking numbers.

3. garcia.pacheco

I'm running 6.1.4, so I guess I cannot jailbreak my iPhone. How can I install iOS 7 beta? Should I plug my iPhone 5 into my iMac?

Sent using iCafe app

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The beta is for developers only. While many folks find workarounds (signing up as a developer), it's beta software, which is often buggy. I'd recommend waiting a few weeks for the public release. At that time, you'll be able to update as you normally would by navigating to System > General > Software Updates.

This is a nice release for iPhone 5 owners. iOS 7 brings a host of new features.

Let's just say this, the ability to block numbers, calls on the iPhone is a long time coming.

I notice you're a new member and wanted to thank you for taking part in the community. I hope you'll stick around.(y)

#4 chris, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Correct. Jailbreaking your phone is impossible due to the firmware version you're running. You can contact your carrier as they may be able to block the number for a fee.

iOS 7 will be available in September or October and it has call/text blocking as a stock feature. This firmware in the beta testing stage right now and is still a little buggy and it does not yet have full compatibility with all third party apps. You can downgrade back to iOS 6.1.4 at any time if you don't like it. If you don't want to wait for the public release of iOS 7 and you want to try the beta now, you'll just have to get your device registered with a developer. Each developer has 100 beta testing slots they can give away or sell. You can find one on eBay or elsewhere.

6. justinfabregasss

justinfabregasss New Member

You can actually install iOS 7 without paying , but definitely not recommended . But if you need to do so, i can help.

7. garcia.pacheco

If you don't recommend it, then I'll rather wait for iOS 7 to be released. Thanks anyways!

Sent using iCafe app

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

If your provider is AT&T or sprint you can block the number by calling them.

Go to myatt.com and quick links (or smart links) and you can so it from there.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Only bad thing is its another $4.99 a month. Have to subscribe to their smart limits plan :(

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Usually they do 90 days free, depends on the rep I guess.

11. justinfabregasss

justinfabregasss New Member

Personally I'm running 7.0 on a non developer device. Working fine. If you need any help, I can guide you. :D

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

There are plenty of guides out there for people who want to avoid becoming a registered Apple developer. We/I prefer the more legitimate installation of iOS 7 i.e registered UDID and given official firmware etc. Please refrain from posting any information on this subject.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't have a developer account, but I'm legally running the beta. I was given one the 100 slots each developer has, so my UDID is registered. This could be what Justin was talking about. I don't think you can install it without getting registered anymore since beta 1 has expired, can you?

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I honestly don't know if you can still install iOS 7 without a registered UDID. I know it was possible previously.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It was possible on beta 1, and OTA updates still work for those who did it, but I'm pretty sure it no longer works since the first install requires a computer and beta 1 is expired.

16. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

you can block your number with jailbreak?

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, with iBlacklist.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, like Europa said, you need to be jailbroken in order to purchase iBlacklist from the Cydia store.

19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The user is not jailbroken. iOS 7 is coming out in a matter of weeks. It has the ability to block calls. Problem solved.

20. garcia.pacheco

I live in Spain and my provider is Orange. I guess Orange also offers the option of blocking numbers for a fee but I think I'll wait for iOS 7 to be released. Thanks anyways!

Sent using iCafe app