How can I Change what people I have blocked hear

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Ali1987, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ali1987

Ali1987 New Member

When I block someone , they hear a Busy tone when they call me . How can I Change what people I have blocked hear once they call me .

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I’m not sure why this is happening on your phone. Blocked callers supposedly get sent directly to your voicemail.

Learn more by clicking here.

It is my firm belief that you cannot change what blocked callers hear when they call you. But that’s an awesome idea! I would love it if you could assign a song to a blocked caller and it played for them instead of hearing the ringing, and when the song is over, screw letting them leave a voicemail. The phone should automatically hang up on them after the song is over.

Here’s a perfect song for a blocked caller.

Or this one (NSFW):

http://bit.ly/2f8aiPk (This is a YouTube link, but I couldn’t post the actual link because NSFW language would have shown in the still image [thumbnail].)

Addendum: Here’s something else that may be of interest to you: "New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spammers and scammers before they reach you." I know that this article doesn’t address your question but you may find it to be a valuable read.

#2 Rafagon, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. Ali1987

Ali1987 New Member

They get a " User is busy on another call note " . I want to change that

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I believe I just told you that it is my firm belief that what you want isn’t possible. Please click on the link I provided. It describes exactly what happens when a blocked caller calls you, and the sequence of events described there is immutable.

But on the off chance that I’m wrong, but I’m going to test your “busy signal” claim and I will get back to this thread when my test is complete.

I apologize in advance if I’m wrong.

Maybe someone in the j/b crowd here on eiC can offer a j/b solution. If so, I’m sure they’ll chime in soon enough.

Update: I just asked my friend to block me temporarily. I callled him. What happened was exactly what the article I shared earlier describes. So, to summarize: No. What you want is not possible, at least not on stock (non-jailbroken) iOS 10.

#4 Rafagon, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can't change it with the stock app. Jailbreak and use iBlacklist (if you are on a jailbreakable firmware).
    http://www.iblacklist.com.br/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Look at YouMail for your voice mail app. I've used it for ages and really like it. Custom messages and I do believe you can select what you want a blocked number to hear.
    App Store link:
    YouMail: Visual Voicemail Replacement by YouMail, Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/eqmys.i

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List