How can I clean melted chocolate from speakers on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Sarah's, Jan 26, 2013.

  1. Sarah's

    Sarah's New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2013
    Likes Received:
    0
    I got melted chocolate on my speaker on the bottom of my phone and now my speaker isn't aS loud as usual what can I do to get the sound louder and clean my speaker out of melted chocolate xxx hope someone can help me x
     
  2. Docd

    Docd Contributor
    Silver

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2011
    Likes Received:
    66
    That's a new one. If you can't scrape it off you will have to find a to heat it so the chocolate will melt. I would find a repair shop and see if they might have any luck. If under warranty you could take it to Apple and hope they don't notice the chocolate.

    If you can find a way to safely heat the chocolate/speaker you could press cheese cloth against the heated area and it should draw out some of the chocolate. But as they say on TV. Don't try this at home leave it to the professionals.

    Good luck.
     
  3. CanadianNemo

    CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2010
    Likes Received:
    278
    A hair dryer might work to heat it, but BE careful. Too hot/too close and you could do damage. Or just take Docd's advice and take it to a professional. Always the safest bet.
     
  4. EverythingApple

    EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2010
    Likes Received:
    217
    I'd grab some grahams and marshmallows. :D
     

Share This Page