How can I create folders in email application?

sdesign

Jul 2, 2009
I am using a POP3 email account, but only have Inbox, draft, sent, trash. I have set the account on the iPhone to delete emails from the server once they are removed from the inbox on the iPhone. With my current set-up it means I have to delete the emails from the inbox otherwise they'll remain on the server (and be downloaded to my computer when I fire up outlook). Does anyone know how I can create folders on the iPhone so I can move emails from my inbox into another folder (e.g. family, work etc.) without having to delete them altogether?

Another related question, does anyone know why old deleted emails still show up in a spotlight search. These emails are long gone from both the iPhone and the server, but are still accessible from the spotlight search. Surely this is taking up space on the iPhone?

Cheers,
Alex

Jul 4, 2009
I think it depends on the service you have.
I use Gmail with IMAP. I create "labels" which are folders on the iPhone. The phone does not keep all the emails on, which is smart, because I have 5 gigs of email in my Gmail account. It only keeps 50 recent ones.
What service do you use?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I use Yahoo mail and I have to create folders on line at the yahoo mail web site. Then I can check my iPhone settings to determine to delete mail from server upon downloading to the iPhone so that it won't download a second time on my home PC.
Hope this helps