How can I disable "Slide to Answer"?

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by T.C., Jun 27, 2012.

1. T.C.

T.C. New Member

I hate "Slide to Answer". When the phone screen is locked, and someone calls, you "Slide to Answer". This works well most of the time, but too often I am going for my phone at the same moment someone is calling me, and I'll go to "Slide to Unlock", but instead accidentally answer a call. I don't like this. What can I do?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What kind of iPhone do you have and what operating software?

If you are able to jailbreak, there are some fun themes available that actually remove the slide to answer, and slide to unlock text. You can then also change what it says there, depending on what theme you choose.

3. T.C.

T.C. New Member

Its just an old 3GS , and I'm using iOS 5.0.1 I think

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

iPhone 3GS is jailbreakable if you're able to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1.

greenpois0n.com

The link above is the easiest jailbreak seen in a while. Choose on the right side whether you have Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can then get tweaks and themes. Some lock screen themes will get rid of the slide to unlock/answer text. Make sure you backup your device first in iTunes.

#4 MoneyMaker79, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

To add on to what MoneyMaker is saying... If you jailbreak, one of the first tweaks I would look for is one called EZDecline. Does away with the slide to answer when locked and lets you just either Answer or Decline the call. One of my personal
    Favorites actually.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Wow! I never particularly even thought of this. I may look into it! Sounds awesome, especially when locked.

Unfortunately, it costs a small amount of change. I'm trying my best to stay with all free apps and tweaks.

7. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Hey, nice one. This works on 5.1.1 and shows up as number "busy" to caller.