How can I email video clips?

Nov 25, 2008
Hi, Im new to this forum and also a new user of the iPhone. I have installed Cycorder on my iPhone 3G and was wondering if anyone knows how I cal email video clips I recorded?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
As of now, it's not possible to e-mail those videos you've recorded, but if you have a way to access the phones file systems, via SSH, or anything like that, you'll be able to take those videos from your phone to your computer.

Nov 25, 2008
Thanks, I was in hope that would be able to do this, guess I will just have to share them in another way.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
As of now, it's not possible to e-mail those videos you've recorded, but if you have a way to access the phones file systems, via SSH, or anything like that, you'll be able to take those videos from your phone to your computer.
how do you remove them from the phone, i'm using cyberduck now, i'm trying to find where they are

thanks in advance

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have opened Cydia, searched for that application, and then chose 'Frequently Asked Questions' since that's obviously what could help you.

Q: How do I get the videos I've recorded onto my computer?

When you record a video it is placed as a timestamped Quicktime .mov file in /var/mobile/Media/Videos (a future version might integrate into DCIM).

I guess that answers your question? Anyway, you have to download either iPhoneBrowser on your computer (http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/) or install Netatalk on your iPhone (search for it on Cydia), Netatalk will make your iPhone appear as a hard disk on your computer, so you can easily access, edit, copy, etc. its files and folders.

I wish that helped you and I wish you good luck.

*Tarek out.

Edit - It's better to download iPhone Browser though, because I guess Netatalk lets you view your iPhone as a hard disk on Mac OSX only, under Finder.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Also, just to add to the recommendations list, you can also try installing "OpenSSH" on the iPhone, and on your computer, if you're a Windows user, you can use "WinSCP", and on Mac, "Cyberduck" or "Fugu".