How can I fix these problems?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
I just got my iPhone a little over a week ago, everything is working fine, however i do experience a few problems. For one, I would like to know if its normal that under Usage, the data is erased by itself after a few hours, it sucks cause i cant keep track of usage time. Secondly, i noticed if you surf on safari and open too many pages it just crashes on you, is that normal? and lastly, sometimes it seems as if its 'lagging' scrolling through sms or phonebook kinda of 'hickup'...oh and not to forget, my battery life isn't that great, i kinda charge it everynight...im running 1.0.2 unlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
I just got my iPhone a little over a week ago, everything is working fine, however i do experience a few problems. For one, I would like to know if its normal that under Usage, the data is erased by itself after a few hours, it sucks cause i cant keep track of usage time. Secondly, i noticed if you surf on safari and open too many pages it just crashes on you, is that normal? and lastly, sometimes it seems as if its 'lagging' scrolling through sms or phonebook kinda of 'hickup'...oh and not to forget, my battery life isn't that great, i kinda charge it everynight...im running 1.0.2 unlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Usage sometimes erases itself apparently, not sure if it's a bug or what, but i can't tell u too much since it doesn't happen to me (only when i restart, but that's normal) Safari does crash if its overloaded. Yes sms scrolling does hiccup, so does scrolling through pics, it's just the phone. battery life issues are very unique since everyone stresses their phone differently

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Usage sometimes erases itself apparently, not sure if it's a bug or what, but i can't tell u too much since it doesn't happen to me (only when i restart, but that's normal) Safari does crash if its overloaded. Yes sms scrolling does hiccup, so does scrolling through pics, it's just the phone. battery life issues are very unique since everyone stresses their phone differently
thanks! when it comes to the battery, i usually use the wifi for a bit and listen to ipod maybe an hour a day, and sms a lot! and talk for a few hours, not to mention iblackjack too, by the end of the day i find my battery just a little less then half, kinda sucks cause i thought it would last longer, i lowered by brightness and shut off wifi when not needed, makes a difference, but not that much

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
if you installed open ssh on your phone from installer, then that is what is eating your battery. Install the services app, and then you can toggle ssh off and on.

If you did not install open ssh on your phone, then I am not sure. My wifi eats up battery pretty bad, but not after an hour. Also, if you have the phone set to auto check emails, then that will eat battery pretty quick as well.

Hope it helps.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
if you installed open ssh on your phone from installer, then that is what is eating your battery. Install the services app, and then you can toggle ssh off and on.

If you did not install open ssh on your phone, then I am not sure. My wifi eats up battery pretty bad, but not after an hour. Also, if you have the phone set to auto check emails, then that will eat battery pretty quick as well.

Hope it helps.
thank i will try that...but what exactly does the open ssh does? i think its for web browsing but im not sure. for email. i don't have an account set up so there isn't any auto checks! but thanks ill try that app!