How can I get FaceTime on iPhone 6 working in India?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Domadia Jasmine C, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Domadia Jasmine C

Bronze

I'm planning to switch from Note 3 to iPhone 6 Plus, I m an Indian residing in Dubai.
    Dubai' iPhone doesn't support Facetime. Is it possible I can install facetime without root or I can change entire ROM?
    THANKS

Sent from my SM-N9005

#1 Domadia Jasmine C, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. I see there are 3rd party FaceTime apps but with low stars. The Apple FaceTime comes with the iPhone.

3. Domadia Jasmine C

Bronze

I know it's comes as a built-in app, but it's based in United Arab Emirates

Sent from my SM-N9005

4. Sabis

Sabis Guest

I live in Abu Dhabi......when i bought the iPhone 5s at Apple Store Shop.....it was labelled Facetime banned in UAE.

Because etisalt won't make profit.

5. Domadia Jasmine C

Bronze

So is there any solution for facetime or we have to use as it is, I heard there's iPhone available with facetime but don't know about warranty part.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

FaceTime is not allowed in most of the Middle East. I don't know the reason.

7. Simonal

Simonal New Member

Ok having just come back from the ME region after a year it is possible to purchase non-ME market phones in Dubai and other ME countries.

But you need to check the part number corresponds to a Euro or US.

The key is to look at the packaging or the device itself and make sure it is not an A/E version but is an international version. On the A/E versions face time will not work and a colleague of mine had to return an IPAD which had this issue. But the devices I purchased worked fine with no issues and they were sourced from the UK market.

I can confirm that I successfully used facetime on all my devices in ME inc Dubai.

Hope this helps.

PS I believe the reason is due to the thought that users may be encouraged to perform acts or activities that they would not perform using other video conferencing tools and that these may be offend others.

Sent from my...