How can I get iPhone Modem installed?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Hey, I'm not going to have internet for a while so I was looking into iPhone modem. The problem is that I don't have it on my computer. Is it possible if somebody here can download it for me and send it to my email and then I can download it to my iPhone and use the iPhone as a disk drive and install it to my computer? Please help. Thanks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What about PDAnet? If your computer has wifi, I don't think you need any software to use that.

I don't know of a way to send exe or zips with exes via email. I know I can't via Gmail.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
So I download PDAnet on my iPhone and it should work on my computer?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I got it to work, thanks a lot Dave. What is the limit of bytes I should use while tethered so At&t won't bother me?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i used it a crap load last month while on vacation, didn't get charged any extra. i wouldn't be downloading huge videos and crap, but normal usage shouldn't even be an issue.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
i used it a crap load last month while on vacation, didn't get charged any extra. i wouldn't be downloading huge videos and crap, but normal usage shouldn't even be an issue.
Alright cool, thanks Pepe.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i can help you and advise not to thread jack. make you own thread it will benefit yourself and not clutter the OP's thread with a topic that isn't related. but to help you, try a reset (hold power and home together until the screen flashes white and then turns off). wait about a min or so and turn it back on. a guy i know had this happen to him and that fixed it. if that doesn't work try plugging it into your comp and hitting restore. what firmware are you using and where are you located?

super.gary

Jan 2, 2009
well i can help you and advise not to thread jack. make you own thread it will benefit yourself and not clutter the OP's thread with a topic that isn't related. but to help you, try a reset (hold power and home together until the screen flashes white and then turns off). wait about a min or so and turn it back on. a guy i know had this happen to him and that fixed it. if that doesn't work try plugging it into your comp and hitting restore. what firmware are you using and where are you located?
i already reset, but there's no wifi and bluetooth unavailable too.
thanks for your advise.
my firmware is 2.1, i also try 2.0.2, but failed.
mybe it's chip issue, hardware issue.:):laugh2:
i am in china now. hehe!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Damn, No-Wifi, that's super insane. That has never happened to me or any of my friends who own iPhones or iPod Touch.