How can I make phone ring, but text vibrate only?

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
so when i keep my phone on non silent i get the ringtone when someone calls me, but when it text and receive text it makes that annoying sound, i don't want it to make those noises while being on loud but i still want it to vibrate. What should i do?

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
So you want to disable the SMS sounds? Easy.
Go into Settings > Sounds > New Text Message > None. That will disable the sound that is played when you receive a message. If this isn't what you were looking for, then can you please reword your post? It was quite hard to make out what you were saying. :)

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
Go into Settings > Sounds > New Text Message > None. That will disable the sound that is played when you receive a message. If this isn't what you were looking for, then can you please reword your post? It was quite hard to make out what you were saying. :)
what i mean is i still want it to be on loud, and when i get a text i want it to vibrate, but not have that sound when i send or receive a text

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Ok, what I said in the other post should work fine :)

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
No problem, here to help :)

Just hit the Thanks button ;)

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
doesn't work :(

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
How doesn't that work? That stops a sound from being played when an SMS is received?

smswetz

Jul 7, 2009
I think maybe he's talking about that "woosh" sound when he's in the actual text screen? If that's the case, I'm not sure theres a way to turn it off.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If thats the case that can only be turned off via jailbreaking and ssh'ing to remove / change certain sounds. Not recommended for novices... if you choose to do this make sure you read up properly on this 1st

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, that's the only way the "whoosh" sound can be removed, unless if you put it on silent or put the volume all the way down :/