How can I print text messages on iPhone?

Sep 4, 2013
Hello, I have a question, does anybody knows that how to print out the text messages on my iPhone 4s? I need to do that! Please help!

JON35Y

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
You could copy and paste them into an email? Or just take a photo of your screen and email that to yourself. Other than that I'm not sure?!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hello, I have a question, does anybody knows that how to print out the text messages on my iPhone 4s? I need to do that! Please help!
If you happen to be jailbroken there is a tweak in cydia that let's you save messages to a PDF. If not, you will have to do screen shots or a lot of copy & pasting to an email sadly.

Sep 16, 2013
Yes, you can take screen shots and print them. You can also try a third party program. I use decipher text message to save and print out my work sms messages for safe keeping. It prints them out with the bubbles just like on the phone itself. :)

Sep 4, 2013
Yes, you can take screen shots and print them. You can also try a third party program. I use decipher text message to save and print out my work sms messages for safe keeping. It prints them out with the bubbles just like on the phone itself. :)
Take screen shots? It maybe a good idea, I will give it a try!

RBNetEngr

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2013
I have an HP printer and I set up HP's free Mobile Printing:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/mobility/m/

You can go into Messages, open the SMS or iMessage thread you want to print. Then, choose Edit, select the conversation item(a), then select Forward and send them to the email address associated with your printer, and they should print.

I have not tried it.

-rb

ro7and

Dec 5, 2013
Screen shot probably your best and easiest option!

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Try an app called "Stitch It". You still have to use screen shots, but it stitches them together.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Stitching screenshots? You guys are making this way too difficult. Just use a PC/Mac app like Diskaid. It lets you view, back up and print your texts.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Stitching screenshots? You guys are making this way too difficult. Just use a PC/Mac app like Diskaid. It lets you view, back up and print your texts.
But disk aid is $29 and the app they mentioned is Free. LOL

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
But disk aid is $29 and the app they mentioned is Free. LOL
The iOS Stitch It app for printing screenshots from your phone? There are better free (or cheaper than Diskaid at least) alternatives that wouldn't use as much ink. I think you can do a trial for Diskaid. But that's just one app example. It's is a very powerful program. I bought it years ago for less than that. I use it for modifying system files when jailbroken.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
SMS Export (App Store) is $6 and sends messages to your PC (or Mac). Printing them from your computer should be simple.

glbigelow

Mar 22, 2014
My HP printer can be configured on your phone for wireless printing.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Why don't you just email the text conversation to yourself then print the email.

Open the conversation

Press and hold on a line of text until the menu appears.

Select "more" and select the lines you want included in the email then select the forward icon at the bottom right corner

Finally, send it to yourself and print the email.

If you have AirPrint, you can skip the email step and just copy the body of the email, open your notes app, paste it and finally print.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Why don't you just email the text conversation to yourself then print the email.

Open the conversation

Press and hold on a line of text until the menu appears.

Select "more" and select the lines you want included in the email then select the forward icon at the bottom right corner

Finally, send it to yourself and print the email.

If you have AirPrint, you can skip the email step and just copy the body of the email, open your notes app, paste it and finally print.
That only works if the email address is not in your own contact. If the email address is in your contact, it will just send it to you by iMessage. I created a second contact for myself with only an email address. No number. So I forward the message to that email, and it worked. It actually sent it to me by iMessage and to the email address. I use a different name on the 2nd contact. Instead of my name, I use iCloud. That's the email address I put on it.

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
That only works if the email address is not in your own contact. If the email address is in your contact, it will just send it to you by iMessage. I created a second contact for myself with only an email address. No number. So I forward the message to that email, and it worked. It actually sent it to me by iMessage and to the email address.
When sending the email to yourself, instead of using the + icon to add the email, just type the email.