How can I print text messages on iPhone?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Did you scroll down? When I type the first character of my email, it should show all contacts that begin with that character.

I just sent a text to one of my email addresses and it sent it to me iMessage. It was not on the email account. The address I sent it to is in my main contact as part of my info.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Here's what I did. I removed my iCloud email address from my main contact.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1395604891.377881.jpg

Then I created a contact for the iCloud address. And left my name off. I used iCloud as the name. So I forward a text to the iCloud address and it works.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Copying and pasting texts one by one and emailing them to yourself? Yeesh. The lengths people will go to to avoid buying an app that will allow you to print or save your text files is surprising...

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I just sent a text to one of my email addresses and it sent it to me iMessage. It was not on the email account. The address I sent it to is in my main contact as part of my info.
Hmmm... I receive an email. Not sure what's going on with yours.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Copying and pasting one by one and emailing texts to yourself? Yeesh. The lengths people will go to to avoid buying an app that will allow you to print or save your text files is surprising...
No copying and pasting one by one. Just put a check mark on the lines you want to email.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No copying and pasting one by one. Just put a check mark on the lines you want to email.
You have to place the check marks next to them one by one. It's extremely tedious. None of this is necessary if you get a computer app like Diskaid. You just connect the phone and save the file to your computer or print it if you want.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
@Europa, it was just an experiment with me. I don't save texts. But I used to could send myself a text to my email account. I was just playing around trying to figure it out. I've had very few texts I wanted to save. I just screen shot it.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I never save texts either. Just trying to provide an alternative method without spending any money.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I like the copy/paste to a note for printing. And you can store the note in iCloud for access.

Paige

Jun 3, 2015
Screenshot the conversation to print text messages from iPhone. Open the Messages app and select a conversation. Scroll until the text messages you wish to print are visible on the screen. Press the Sleep/Wake button and Home button simultaneously and let go immediately. Your iPhone screen flashes and takes a screenshot of the displayed messages. Repeat this process until you have screenshots of all the messages you wish to print. But it strips out useful meta information. Maybe you can try FonePaw iOS Transfer, recommended by other post.

MarLuu

Dec 30, 2015
Hey
Many ways can solve your problem.
1. You can screenshot your text messages and email to photos to your email. Then login your email on your computer and you can easily print the text messages on your iPhone.
2. Screenshot your text messages and then use air-drop to transfer the photos to your Mac. Then you can print your text messages.
3. Find a iphone transfer software that can transfer your text messages to your computer as html or other readable file formats. Use the printer connect to your computer to print text messages on iPhone.

Carolx3

Jan 23, 2016
Either take a screen shot or copy and past into an email and send to yourself then print via computer.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You can forward them to your email, but you have to turn iMessage off first and send SMS.

alenrobin

Sep 8, 2018
It is such a commmon issue that most of the iPhone users face a hurdle to print text messages on iPhone. It may not able to recognize the Printer it is belonged to. They can get an actual solution from hp printer assistant to resolve their issues easily.