How can I tell if someone thanked one of my posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
I want to stroke my ego for a second. Someone thanked one of my posts in the forums on this site. Is there a way for me to check that?

:laugh2:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
View your profile, not your control panel. and go to the statistics tab and there is a find all thanked posts by "" on that page.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
lol, see what I did there?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
the thanks button is abused too much on this site, i wish it was only available in sections where true technical information is exchanged. way too much fanboy "thanks" being handed out like rubbers at a swingers party.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
the one I got was legit and shutter definitely helped me out, but I'll keep that in kind for future reference pepe. thanks for the heads up.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
It would be nice if there could be a button in addition to thanks. Like one that says "I agree". Alot of times I give people a Thanks because I agree with them, or because I just wanted to give them "props". I had accumulated over 100 thanks before the great wipeout of thanks.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
The last site I was at seriously overused the "thanks" button. Like Pepe said, it was being handed out like rubbers at a swinger's party. I remember a few people were always getting a "thanks" for just about every post they made, I didn't understand it.

I do believe there should be an "I agree" button like The Apple had mentioned, it would be more appropriate in most cases here. "Thanks" should be given for something that was actually useful or contributing; not simply for agreeing. Just my opinion.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
It would be nice if there could be a button in addition to thanks. Like one that says "I agree". Alot of times I give people a Thanks because I agree with them, or because I just wanted to give them "props". I had accumulated over 100 thanks before the great wipeout of thanks.
The last site I was at seriously overused the "thanks" button. Like Pepe said, it was being handed out like rubbers at a swinger's party. I remember a few people were always getting a "thanks" for just about every post they made, I didn't understand it.

I do believe there should be an "I agree" button like The Apple had mentioned, it would be more appropriate in most cases here. "Thanks" should be given for something that was actually useful or contributing; not simply for agreeing. Just my opinion.

Pepe agrees with both of these posts

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
lol, see what I did there?

You guys clearly got lured and played into thanking by blarghonk, who simply asked how do i see if ive been thanked. He has made only 1 post and posted in only 3 other posts.

Stop abusing the thanks, since it was intended for people who provided sound and stable information in resolving someone's problem. You are all being used.

Yes We see what you did there, and now they know.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You guys really do think about this stuff too much, ya know. :)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
London I could sit here and thank you all day but I am fresh out of thanks.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
You guys clearly got lured and played into thanking by blarghonk, who simply asked how do i see if ive been thanked. He has made only 1 post and posted in only 3 other posts.

Stop abusing the thanks, since it was intended for people who provided sound and stable information in resolving someone's problem. You are all being used.

Yes We see what you did there, and now they know.
You should have posted this in the conspiracy thread, London. I sprinkled the thanks around to tick off Pepe, but I caught you instead. And, there is no formal rule for using thanks, so chill...:)

But, in all seriousness, I agree that thanks are totally overused in forums. An "agree" button doesn't sound like a bad idea.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Seriously. I think the ones who replied were also trying to show what to look for when someone gives thanks, but seriously, all that was needed was a reply or a possible screen shot if the OP was confused in any way.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
You should have posted this in the conspiracy thread, London. I sprinkled the thanks around to tick off Pepe, but I caught you instead. And, there is no formal rule for using thanks, so chill...:)

But, in all seriousness, I agree that thanks are totally overused in forums. An "agree" button doesn't sound like a bad idea.
damn, you got me. i am so ticked off right now its too much to handle!

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Its all apart of the "invisible rules" One shouldnt just thank for no reason.
I reserve the right to use my thanks in any way I see fit. SOMETIMES that means thanking people for technical assistance, but other times it might be for making me smile or saying something nice. I don't think we need another button for "I agree". It's a loose connotation at times, but we're a fairly intelligent group; I think we can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.