How can I transfer/copy my Yahoo contacts and notes to the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duck1098, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

As Ive added a few email accounts to my iPhone during the past few months it seems all the new contacts/notes that I've been saving have been scattered between different email accounts and the iPhones memory. This is causing all kinds of problems and I want to turn off the syncing of contacts and notes for the email. However I don't want to lose the contacts and notes that are saved on those email accounts so how can copy them on the phone?

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Is the syncing already setup on the phone? If so, is it syncing through iTunes or through the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section of the iPhone? If it is syncing through the phone directly, if you turn off the syncing on the device, you should get a "what do you want to do with the contacts on the phone" and you can either keep or delete, and you will choose to keep. This should turn off the syncing and allow the contacts that have been synced to the phone through that email to stay....same with notes, of course.

3. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

4. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

I've spend a long time trying to fix this iGarbage but I've given up. I'm willing to pay someone for over the phone help with paypal. Please help!
    Here are my problems: (type in the name of this site before the link, it wont let me post links)

/forum/threads/how-can-i-transfer-copy-my-yahoo-contacts-and-notes-to-the-iphone.97522/

/forum/threads/how-can-you-back-up-text-messages.86069/#post-957961

5. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

I just opened a thread seeing if anyone would give me some over the phone help. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, do you think you can help? Of course I'd pay you for your time. I'm just really fed up with this shet

/forum/threads/im-willing-to-pay-someone-to-walk-me-through-a-few-things.97536/

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

You won't get much help here if you call it iGarbage.

7. Duck1098

Duck1098 Member
    Bronze

Just really frustrated. You wouldn't believe how many important contacts I've lost.. just randomly disappeared..

8. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If you personal message me your number, I could contact you via phone and try and walk you through it.

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Are your contacts all there and still on the web-based email?

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app