How can you be so rich and still no taste for dressing?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
We all know Steve Jobs is filthy rich. I just watched at the video of the keynotes and, once again, I am amazed at how little style this guy has. I mean, come on dude, spend an extra $20 on those jeans and get yourself some 501... What about the shoes and the sweater? Did they have a sale at Ross or what?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Black mock turtleneck and jeans. Steve owns it.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
That one guy was rockin' a pink polo with a lime green shirt under it. Talk about style!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
We all know Steve Jobs is filthy rich. I just watched at the video of the keynotes and, once again, I am amazed at how little style this guy has. I mean, come on dude, spend an extra $20 on those jeans and get yourself some 501... What about the shoes and the sweater? Did they have a sale at Ross or what?
I guess I am with you on this one, but I am kind of a cloths whore.
On the other hand, I guess this has become his signature and everyone comes to expect it.

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
LOL . . . Being confident and being a dominant force in your field means . . . You never need to apologize for the way you dress. Besides, Steve Jobs is obviously comfortable and secure with who he is. Gotta love it. ;)

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Britney spears is rich and her hair always makes her look like she is a filthy crack addicted prostitute. I don't get it either! Hire a hairstylist. sell one of your million cars if you need to. wash your hair at least. yuck.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I think Steve's dressing down is pretty cool. Maybe that is the way he always remembers where he came from, and where he is now (what a difference 20+ years makes). Steve is truly, an "American Success Story"....Mark

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I think thats cool that you can be rich and know your rich, yet smart enough to know you have nothing to prove, or impress anyone :)
-In my HighSchool everyone try's so hard to "look" rich by buying semi-expensive clothes that have the name brand plastered across the chest or buying an iPhone, yet the people who "are" rich-although they do wear expensive clothes- don't show off at all and usually dress more conservatively :)

Here's an example:
of the people wanting to be rich, and the people who are rich

Last edited by a moderator: