How can you upgrade you Data plan without restoring?

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Is there a way I can upgrade my Data plan from the $30.00 a month to the all unlimited plan at $40.00 a month through iTunes, without restoring my iPhone?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you are talking about the new phone, this can be done when you activate at ATT or Apple Store.

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
If you are talking about the new phone, this can be done when you activate at ATT or Apple Store.
No I'm talking about the current iPhone. I want to change my plan to get unlimited txting. How do I do that?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
you don't even need to go to the store. all i did was call att gave them my information they asked for and they updated my data plan, and it was good to go as soon as i got off the phone.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
You can also do it online. You do not need to restore. If you go to the attwireless website, you can login and add and remove features from your account. Or you call call att and do it on the phone.

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
You can also do it online. You do not need to restore. If you go to the attwireless website, you can login and add and remove features from your account. Or you call call att and do it on the phone.
I'm on a family plan so would my number be on my parents account? I've never created an account so I don't really know how to access that kind of information

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm on a family plan so would my number be on my parents account? I've never created an account so I don't really know how to access that kind of information
One reason I said it might be easier to go to ATT store or have parents call ATT.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Sorry-I sometimes forget that we have so many young members. lol! It is easy to forget since most of the young guys and girls are more mature than the average teenager.

Ask one of your parents to do it online or call. As a Mom, I think it is easier to do it online than go to the store.

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Sorry-I sometimes forget that we have so many young members. lol! It is easy to forget since most of the young guys and girls are more mature than the average teenager.

Ask one of your parents to do it online or call. As a Mom, I think it is easier to do it online than go to the store.
I am 18, I've just been on the same plan for 3 or 4 years... And the activation for the iPhone was so simple for a current user, I've never had to consult my parents or anything.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am 18, I've just been on the same plan for 3 or 4 years... And the activation for the iPhone was so simple for a current user, I've never had to consult my parents or anything.
If you call ATT to change anything on the plan, they will ask you questions about the account. Like your SS# or the secret question or something. Just ask your parents if they can help you out. I am sure that is cheaper than overage on your texts.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
If you call ATT to change anything on the plan, they will ask you questions about the account. Like your SS# or the secret question or something. Just ask your parents if they can help you out. I am sure that is cheaper than overage on your texts.
Speaking of cheaper, I know that I helped my fiance's family set up their plan, and now the whole family has unlimited texts! Woot!