how come SIM card says 3G?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i popped out my sim card to take a look and it says 3G on it in an orange flame. anybody else notice this?
and also its the same exact size as any other sim card. i thought it was supposed to be different?
and also also lol i just put the iPhones sim card in my OLD nokia phone and it works and gets service so thats good news if you ever break your iPhone and need a replacement

Fat Man

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
North East England
Is it not just a mini advert or something? I guess they use the same printing on the sim cards for their 3G enabled phones...

EDIT: It probably is the same sim card they use in their 3G phones, maybe they didn't have time to do a re print.

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Is it not just a mini advert or something? I guess they use the same printing on the sim cards for their 3G enabled phones...

EDIT: It probably is the same sim card they use in their 3G phones, maybe they didn't have time to do a re print.
We use the same sim card for 2g and 3g phones. It indicates that the sim card is 3g ready

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
AT&T has been shipping all 3G SIM cards for all their phones for a while now. Just trying to standardize the card. Although the SIM might be 3G, without the hardware, you will never be able to achieve those speeds.