How did they do this . . .

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Can somebody show me where I can obtain information on how to create this style of theme? I'm very comfortable with SSH, etc.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
its an iNav theme. they require ssh, lots of blank icons, springjumps, 5 icon dock, 5 column springboard, 5 row springboard, and some other fun stuff. i've had messed around with a few of them on my iPhone and would probably rock one if i found one that i liked. its a great idea and there are plenty of designs. if you want check out modmyi.com and go to the theming section. if you aren't very good with ssh and photoshop you probably won't be able to get it to work or have it suitable to your liking. best of luck though.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
good stuff, post up if you have any questions, some are much harder than others but we should be able to figure it all out :)

Apr 1, 2009
when i use the theme on the first post my icons clutter the beatiful background. how do i fix this. just move them to second page? also on the bottom left it shows his location (modena, then weather). how do i change it to mine? please help, thank you! oh ya its also really hard to select the phone and mail an dtext buttons, anything on the top row or bottom row.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^dude, if you can't follow directions, know how to ssh, and put some time in, you will NEVER get a theme like this to work. this probably takes an experienced user about 45 min to an hour to get working perfectly. someone that doesn't know how, days to possibly never. there is no 1 post i can make to tell you how to do this other than to follow the directions either on modmyi.com or in the readme.txt file included in the theme (you can find it when you ssh onto the theme).

Apr 1, 2009
i know how to ssh. im saying i enabled the theme, but i have loads of icons. also it seems my thumbs are too big to select onscreen tabs.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
categories, springjumps, blank icons, and google are your friend