How do I activate an iPhone 1.1.1 with a non AT&T SIM?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

seabase

Oct 16, 2007
I want to jailbreak my iPhone that has v. 1.1.1 on and i need it to be activated to do so. Could anybody help me please..
Thanks.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
I want to jailbreak my iPhone that has v. 1.1.1 on and i need it to be activated to do so. Could anybody help me please..
Thanks.
you cant activate your phone yet u can jailbreak it. if u really want to use your iPhone fully, downgrade first to 1.0.2 then do the hacking

Brooke

Oct 21, 2007

I have a 4GB phone that still had version 1.0.1 (same as 1.0.2) on it. We hacked it so that I could use the features without actually activating it. I can use everything but the call feature and I can only use the internet on wifi (which is fine for me because we have wifi at home). I think it is really cool! After we hacked that, we jailbroke it and now I can mod it (it is now all pink! YAY). Let me know if you need to know how to get past the activation to use it. I will post some links.

I'm not sure if you can get past the activation with 1.1.1 or if you are only able to with 1.0.2! I just know we did it with mine!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have a 4GB phone that still had version 1.0.1 (same as 1.0.2) on it. We hacked it so that I could use the features without actually activating it. I can use everything but the call feature and I can only use the internet on wifi (which is fine for me because we have wifi at home). I think it is really cool! After we hacked that, we jailbroke it and now I can mod it (it is now all pink! YAY). Let me know if you need to know how to get past the activation to use it. I will post some links.

I'm not sure if you can get past the activation with 1.1.1 or if you are only able to with 1.0.2! I just know we did it with mine!
I hope u realize there are actually SIM unlocks out there now (Free) and that 1.1.1 can now be activated with the latest version of Independence (there are a few jailbreak procedures etc that need to be done on v1.02 first of course.