How do I activate my iPhone and keep hacks?

roxics

Sep 12, 2007
Ok I went about using the iPhone unlock toolkit to hactivate my phone when I bought it last Saturday. Which only worked on my wifes computer unfortunately. Still trying to figure out how to get it working on mine. Last night I used iBrickr to jailbreak the phone and install apps on it.

This weekend I would like to actually activate the phone via AT&T to get service. However when I hook it up to my computer (which always told me to put money on it) iTunes now tells me I need to call AT&T because there is a problem. It wasn't giving me this message before I used iBrickr so I assume that hack did it. Sohow do I actually go about activating this weekend? Do I have to uninstall what I put on it with iBrickr or is there a way to do it while keeping everything on it. How do I get my computer to recognize and sync the phone?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok I went about using the iPhone unlock toolkit to hactivate my phone when I bought it last Saturday. Which only worked on my wifes computer unfortunately. Still trying to figure out how to get it working on mine. Last night I used iBrickr to jailbreak the phone and install apps on it.

This weekend I would like to actually activate the phone via AT&T to get service. However when I hook it up to my computer (which always told me to put money on it) iTunes now tells me I need to call AT&T because there is a problem. It wasn't giving me this message before I used iBrickr so I assume that hack did it. Sohow do I actually go about activating this weekend? Do I have to uninstall what I put on it with iBrickr or is there a way to do it while keeping everything on it. How do I get my computer to recognize and sync the phone?
I don't think it can. You have to restore the iPhone to its original pristine state. Then, activate with AT&T. Then, you can use your unlock software again.