How do i add a theme from my computer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Heller

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I like a lot of the themes from modmyiPhone.com however, some of them are not on the installer.app

so for instance, if i wanted to add this theme,
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=849

how do i install it? just download and install with ibrickr?

also, say if i wanted this battery image,
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=144

how do i install that?

also one more question, :sick:

how would i install custom icons?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=18

to anybody that can help, i'd be great full :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I install everything via SSH. Use a program like CyberDuck to get SSH access to your iPhone. Then you can install things. For instance, to install a theme, I believe you go to to var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes, or something like that, and drop the theme into the Themes folder.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I install everything via SSH. Use a program like CyberDuck to get SSH access to your iPhone. Then you can install things. For instance, to install a theme, I believe you go to to var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes, or something like that, and drop the theme into the Themes folder.
Or if you are a PC user you would use WinSCP instead of CyberDuck.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
i have winscp but im not sure how to use this to get a theme onto my phone. any help?
1st you will need OpenSSH installed through installer

2nd have an active WiFi connection to your phone

3rd get the phone's ip address

4th open WinSCP enter the IP where is says Host don't change the port enter root as the username and dottie as the PW (some ppl have said alpine for the PW)

5th hit login on WinSCP

6th locate the directory you want to put the modded file into

7th if you are using customize you can find that directory at
var/root/Library/Customize
or for summerboard its
var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes

8th if you don't have those apps then you have to replace the default files yourself which is at
System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoad.app

you might have to follow any readme that came with the file/s aswell

I think that is it hope that helps

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
Actually you can use iBrickr to install themes, just go to /var/root/library/summerboard/themes/ and there in the themes folder create another folder with the name of the theme you want to add, next, in the folder you created paste the dock image that the zip of the theme has and right there in that folder create another that is named ICONS and inside that one paste all of the icons that the zip file has in order to be able to use them in the springboard.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Actually you can use iBrickr to install themes, just go to /var/root/library/summerboard/themes/ and there in the themes folder create another folder with the name of the theme you want to add, next, in the folder you created paste the dock image that the zip of the theme has and right there in that folder create another that is named ICONS and inside that one paste all of the icons that the zip file has in order to be able to use them in the springboard.

Hope this helps! :cool:
iBrickr would be a little easier, but I don't think you can use it yet with 1.1.1. I've been using winscp with no problem.

~mike~

Aug 24, 2007
1st you will need OpenSSH installed through installer

2nd have an active WiFi connection to your phone

3rd get the phone's ip address

4th open WinSCP enter the IP where is says Host don't change the port enter root as the username and dottie as the PW (some ppl have said alpine for the PW)

5th hit login on WinSCP

6th locate the directory you want to put the modded file into

7th if you are using customize you can find that directory at
var/root/Library/Customize
or for summerboard its
var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes

8th if you don't have those apps then you have to replace the default files yourself which is at
System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoad.app

you might have to follow any readme that came with the file/s aswell

I think that is it hope that helps

Ok i used the username and password as told but it would not open..Please help...Thanks