How do I add Apple Care Plus to my iPhone 6

ironlungakc

Bronze
Aug 26, 2007
Hey there. So I bought my 6 through AT&T. How do I add Apple Care Plus to the iPhone 6? Do I have to go into the store? Do I have to show them the phone?I just cracked the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You do have a 90 day Apple warranty for support but in this case...I don't believe you can get help by getting AppleCare+ after the fact of cracking the screen. There are places you can take it to be I would make sure they are Apple reputable.

ironlungakc

Bronze
Aug 26, 2007
I guess my question is how do u get Apple care.
Normally I have gotten it with the purchase of the phone but since I preordered with att I didn't have the option.
So how do I add it on?

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I believe you have 30 days from purchase to add AppleCare+, I could be wrong though. They do however have to inspect the phone before you can purchase it to make sure it's free from damage, but in your case it has a cracked screen so not sure they would let you add it.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
At this point, your only option is to pay $129 and have them replace the screen. At that point, if within 30 days, they may allow you to add Apple Care Plus to what will end up being a new iPhone 6.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Call the number for AppleCare. I did it after my purchase and did not have to take it in for inspection.

I was able to purchase it over the phone and they emailed me my receipt and contract number.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Call the number for AppleCare. I did it after my purchase and did not have to take it in for inspection.

I was able to purchase it over the phone and they emailed me my receipt and contract number.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums
Yup, this. I did it with my iPad and will be doing it with the iPhone once I receive it.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I believe you have 30 days from purchase to add AppleCare+
Correct. Trouble is you need to bering the phone in to have them get the serial number .. at least a I did. Cracked screen is probably a no go!

Edit: I stand corrected. Maybe you can do it over the phone. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I just got Apple Care Plus over the phone this morning. They didn't need to inspect it, but they did run a remote diagnostic. And, according to the phone rep, it is now 60 days from date of purchase to buy the coverage.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
FYI: AT&T does sell AppleCare+, but you have to buy it in the store.

Since you have already cracked the screen, you will need to make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. You can call Apple first and see if they will add it on, but they may not if you didn't just barely buy it. If they won't sell it over the phone, make the appointment. If is possible that they will replace it for the $79 AppleCare+ deductible and sell you AppleCare+. It is also possible that they will replace it for free and sell you AppleCare+, but don't count on that. I have seen people report that when they cracked the screen right after purchase, though.

AppleCare+ is a great thing to have. I wouldn't even consider another type of insurance because of the perks of going through Apple. I always preorder through Apple and add it to my preorder.

I recommend getting a case to protect it afterwards. Good luck and post your experience after the appointment.