How do i add folder to library without getting duplicates?

nerdkill

Nov 16, 2008
Every time I add music to my PC I put it in the same music folder. Then I do add folder to library to transfer the music into my iTunes. Every time I do that though it transfers the songs that have already been transfered so I get hundreds of duplicates. Is there any way I can transfer the songs without getting all the duplicates? It's super frustrating, please help.

nerdkill

Nov 16, 2008
also is there a way to automatically have files upload into iTunes when you put songs into a certain folder?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Each time are you adding the entire iTunes Music folder? If so, that could cause the duplicates each time you add it. If you instead select to add just the folder that the new music is in you will not encounter duplicates of all of the other songs.

As far as your second question, I am not familiar with anyway to do so. On a Mac I know that dragging the songs onto the iTunes icon will automatically add them and move them into the proper folders, but other than that, I don't think so.

nerdkill

Nov 16, 2008
Thank you for responding. The problem I'm having right now is that my iTunes folder is set to monitor C:\Users\RICKY\Music, however all my music is in a folder that i made called ricky'smusic. every time i would try and add that folder it wouldn't allow me to. so then every time I added music I would have to go to manualy add that folder to library. I finally gave up and dragged the folder with all my music into the folder that iTunes was able to see. so now it's C:\Users\RICKY\Music\music. I don't understand why, but it worked so now that problem is fixed.

Now I'm having a problem with transfering my songs into windows media center. I guess this is the wrong place for that, but it's what I use for my home theater through my pc. All I really want to do is listen to my music stored in my computer through my home theater system. Currently I do that by sending my music through wifi to my ps3 through windows media center. Songs that I uploaded into my computer using cd's are all showing up, but I can't listen to any others that are on my computer via iTunes. Is that due to copyright protection or something? I'm not trying to burn the music or anything like that i'm just trying to listen to it.

is there a better way to do it? is there any way to stream iTunes to my home theater? everything would be fine now if I could only get the music in windows media center. Is there any way to listen to my iPhone through my ps3? any way to get iTunes on my ps3? Or is this all the loop that Apple wants you to go through so you have to buy more accessories to listen to your music. HELP SOMEONE I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC.