How do I change the position of my favorites?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Alkali, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Hi members,
    I have upgraded to 9.1. Wanted to edit my favorites by moving some up the line but no matter how I try it's not happening. Restarted the phone but still. Please help.

Alkali.

2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Are you trying to move the apps on your home screen? To move apps you hold your finger on one until they all start "dancing." At that point you can tap and hold on any app icon and move it on the screen. When you're done you simply hit the Home button on the bottom of the front of the phone to stop the dancing.

3. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

No, in the old days when you open phone app you have your favorite contacts, when you select EDIT you can move then up or down defending on the one you want but in my case there is an option to press and hold a contract to move up or down but nothing happens. You cannot change their position.

Alkali.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Rather than trying to move the icons, go to Safari > Bookmarks > Favorites > Edit > and rearrange the order. Whichever one you move to the top of the list will be the first icon and the bottom one will be the last icon.

5. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Thanks Europa I have found a way. There is a slight change on how you press and move the favorites and have done it. Thanks very much.

6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

He's talking about "contacts"...

...or maybe not. O_o

7. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Yeah,contacts favorites.

8. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Yes,3D Touch is buggy with this. With only 2 favorites the top one easily moves down to become the bottom one but the bottom one won't always move up to become the top one. With several favorites I have one somewhat in the middle that won't move at all.

9. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

On second thought it appears to be a "speed" thing. After clicking EDIT-button if you click the move bars( triple bars to the right of contact name ) and move up or down instantly you'll have no trouble. If you delay only slightly, 3D Touch engages and brings up a menu for calling, texting face timing or whatever depending on how contact is set up. Bottom line go FAST!

10. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Just tried it! When you pressed the move bars,you have to hold it with little strength and then move. It will work.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You don't really need to "press" to move the Favorites. Just lightly touch the move bars and drag. Putting pressure down on them will activate 3D Touch.