How do I change wallpaper behind icons in themes

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I have a theme I like, but would like to customize it a bit. Can I make a swap folder and take an existing file from the camera roll and put it in its place? Or do I need to resize and rename & replace to do it..

Also where is the file located?

(I now have access through iPhone browser.)

Steve

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you can do that, but you'll need to add in some extra steps. the new wallpaper pic needs to be a .png, and HAS to be called "Wallpaper.png".

Or you can just use winterboard to use whichever picture you want in your photo library.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
Awesome- where do I go in winterboard.......
I am running vista theme with no text but it has the green vista wallpaper behind the icons I would like to change. How do I find where to swap the pic in winterboard?

Steve

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
just check the option "user wallpaper", and it will make the wallpaper whatever it is on your lockscreen. to change that, go to settings->wallpaper.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
Alright I just tried that and it did not work. So I powered off to see if that helps..
I also tried the transparent dock & that seems to not change the dock either..

Any other suggestions? maybe user lock background?

Steve

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
make sure the option "user wallpaper" is listed above whatever theme you're using. It's hierarchical, so if two options conflict, the one above trumps the lower one.

to change them around, just drag them with the three lines on the right side.

Alright I just tried that and it did not work. So I powered off to see if that helps..
I also tried the transparent dock & that seems to not change the dock either..

Any other suggestions? maybe user lock background?

Steve

Make sure you have user wallpaper on top of your theme you're using in winterboard

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
found it- lock background worked!
Now I see the icon text..... Do I need to arrange them in a specific order to make that work again?

Steve

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, with winterboard keep this in mind: the options are hierarchical, so if two options conflict, the one above trumps the lower one.