How do i convert DVD to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
i want to put my dvd night at the museum on my web site but i was wondering how do i get into the .mp4 or .mv4 format using what program? to successfully do all this stuff do i have to purchase or does someone have a cd key or gen for like pq dvd or something?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
i want to put my dvd night at the museum on my web site but i was wondering how do i get into the .mp4 or .mv4 format using what program? to successfully do all this stuff do i have to purchase or does someone have a cd key or gen for like pq dvd or something?
Use handbrake, its free.
Just put in a dvd, open it in handbrake.
Click presets.
Choose ipod.
Save.
Moved save file to iTunes.
Sync.

You meant put the movie on your iPhone, not website right?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Asking for cd keys for commercial software is strictly against forum rules. For PC, check out the Official DVD to iPhone thread.

Last edited:

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
im not going to buy anything. and i have dvds with files in .vob format. do i have to put them in a different format before the viderora program will convert it? like can i get dvd decryptor and then use videora?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Outside of Handbrake, I have yet to hear of any good freeware DVD to iPhone programs. Handbrake works great on Macs, but I've seen mixed reaction from PC users.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Ok i downloaded a dvd decyptor and now everything seems to work. i can convert using all the converting programs i found. but when i convert them into .mp4 quicktime and go to play it... it has two guys in the back ground talking about the movie... how do i get rid of them?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Ok i downloaded a dvd decyptor and now everything seems to work. i can convert using all the converting programs i found. but when i convert them into .mp4 quicktime and go to play it... it has two guys in the back ground talking about the movie... how do i get rid of them?
You probably downloaded a trial version. All these softwares claiming to be free are actually trial versions which leave watermarks on your movies. There is NO free DVD to iPhone software except for HANDBRAKE. I know for a fact because I am in this businesss. Handbrake is a GREAT tool for Mac. However it is terrible for Windows. I tried about 4 or 5 movies and only got one to be good. To me, it's not worth the time invested.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
well i use windows....i spend 600$ on a phone and i cant even put my OWN purchased movies on it.. how lame... is there any site that i can dl movies in best quality?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
well i use windows....i spend 600$ on a phone and i cant even put my OWN purchased movies on it.. how lame... is there any site that i can dl movies in best quality?
I know but Apple wants you to buy their movies on iTunes store..... That's one of the reasons why I don't like Apple. Everybody criticize Microsoft for their monopoly but MS does NOT force you to use their products. Apple does!
There are websites where you can download "unlimited movies" but they are scams. Actually, they are not scams but they charge you for something you can get for free (such as limewire). The best thing to do is to get an iPhone video converter (free like handbrake or not free like.....)

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
but as already stated handbrake only works well for mac. im probbly going to just buy aimersofts product or videora or a REALLY good one if i can get suggestions. pq dvd is really good. and then ill convert dvds for people.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
mach1mustang_101 you are just too lazy
if you have done your home work you will be already enjoying you movie on your iPhone
I use only free software and I get the best result better than any commercial software and I'm in total control of what I want/need to be extracted from the DVD

3 step
1--> The first step is to rip the movie to the hard drive
DVDSHRINK
2-->The next step is to Reformat to smaller size using PocketDiviXEncoder.
POCKETDIVICENCODER (Create an AVI with MP3 Audio stream)
3--> import/convert file into iTunes

Or try Handbrake Win version is avaiable or try to google
many many many more solution avaiable for free

It you still have trouble sell your computer and iPhone and go get a portable dvd player