How do I create folders in Gmail email on iPhone?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Ok, I have setup my iPhone to access my gmail account. My question is this? How do I create folders, so that I can store emails? I have the Inbox, Sent & Trash. But I cannot create any of my own folders. Yet pictures on the Apple site, show folders in email accounts all over the place.

Please don't tell me I cannot do this. Apple cannot be that stupid and leave this age old functionality out.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
When you find out please PM me. I have found no way of doing this, granted I have not exactly been trying. If I had to guess it would be to somehow do it on the computer and it will apply it when you sync. I did try this so I am missing something, but anyway. Stupid is one word I guess, I can think of a few more. I know you have to be able to though as I have seen picts on the web with more folders.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
you can't do it with gmail and i think anything that is pop. you need imap mail like .mac or i think yahoo. hopefully someday there will be a way to do it, but there is no way to do it now.

Oct 12, 2007
Imap is now out for Gmail . so don't worry it will be able to work the way you want shortly . If you go to settings you should see the tap for forwarding / imap if it isn't there then give it a few days for them to update everyone . but it is on its way .

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
awesome

IMAP on the iPhone rocks! now my phone email and webemail are completely synced. i love this. now if we can just get it to be push like a blackberry...