How do I create folders in Gmail email on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Ok, I have setup my iPhone to access my gmail account. My question is this? How do I create folders, so that I can store emails? I have the Inbox, Sent & Trash. But I cannot create any of my own folders. Yet pictures on the Apple site, show folders in email accounts all over the place.

Please don't tell me I cannot do this. Apple cannot be that stupid and leave this age old functionality out.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
When you find out please PM me. I have found no way of doing this, granted I have not exactly been trying. If I had to guess it would be to somehow do it on the computer and it will apply it when you sync. I did try this so I am missing something, but anyway. Stupid is one word I guess, I can think of a few more. I know you have to be able to though as I have seen picts on the web with more folders.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
you can't do it with gmail and i think anything that is pop. you need imap mail like .mac or i think yahoo. hopefully someday there will be a way to do it, but there is no way to do it now.

Oct 12, 2007
Imap is now out for Gmail . so don't worry it will be able to work the way you want shortly . If you go to settings you should see the tap for forwarding / imap if it isn't there then give it a few days for them to update everyone . but it is on its way .

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
awesome

IMAP on the iPhone rocks! now my phone email and webemail are completely synced. i love this. now if we can just get it to be push like a blackberry...