How do I deauthorize a Machine I no longer have?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ldivinag, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ldivinag

ldivinag New Member
    Bronze

up until a month or so ago, all i ever used iTunes for was to buy a music here and there.

and since i never owned any kind of iPod, i never really paid attention to the number of computers that were under my account.

and recently, my 3G iPhone decided to take a dump and lost everything when i decided to sync the phone to another machine that is like #6 or higher.

the first 3 machines that i used my account on, are looooooong gone.

what is the best way? create a new account and just burn all bought music onto CDs and re-rip them as MP3s (as opposed to iTunes format)?

2. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

I'm also I'm this situation. Although I'm still on #1 I'm about to change to a different computer. I want to deactivat the account because I change computers often. If somebody has some advice I would appreciate it.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. jpm

jpm New Member
    Bronze

5. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

In iTunes, go to advanced-Deauthorize Audible Account.

6. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

If you forgot to deauthorize a computer you no longer own, you can deauthorize all your authorized computers at once. You can use this method once a year.

Choose Store > View My Account, and then click Deauthorize All.

Important to note: If you don't see this option, it's because you don't have five authorized computers.