How do i degrade my ios to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Akshay20jul, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Akshay20jul

Akshay20jul New Member

I have an ios upgraded with ios5.1 and now i watned to degrade it 2 5.0.1 in my iPhone 4s so how do i do it

2. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Unfortunately, you can't.

With the advent of iOS5, downgrading is now impossible, as Apple has changed the way it verifies the install.

Used to be there was a fixed hash (SHSH) that was easy to save and use to trick iTunes into thinking Apple had signed the iOS install, but in iOS5 it's been randomized, so replay attacks are out of the question.

My guess is you want to jailbreak, as there's no other reason why a 4S owner would want to downgrade to 5.0.1.

Sorry to say, but you're gonna have to wait for the A5 5.1 jailbreak, and there's no telling when one will be released.

3. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

1. Apple has never allowed downgrading. It was only possible by saving your SHSH blobs and either manually pointing your hosts file to Cydia's servers, or using a tool such as TinyUmbrella.

2. As I said in my response above, the only reason a 4S owner on 5.1 would want to downgrade to 5.0.1 would be to jailbreak as there currently is no 5.1 JB for A5 devices.

#3 fearofnormalcy, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It degrades by itself over time... :)