How do I delete songs from my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by via iPhone, Sep 11, 2007.

1. via iPhone

via iPhone New Member

im noob so here we go. im just wondering how i delete songs off the iPhone. i go to iTunes and under My iPhone than music.. i see all the songs but their all faded kind of. and im not able to click them or delete them some how. is there a setting i should be noticed about? thanks

2. bbguy5

bbguy5 New Member
    Bronze

go to your playlists and delete them from there.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. hexonxonx

hexonxonx New Member
    Silver

Or simply go to iTunes to your music library and find the song in the list and uncheck it. Then when you sync, the song will be removed from your iPhone.

5. mjeagent

mjeagent New Member
    Bronze

Yeah, no way to do it right from the phone.

6. legendkiller212

legendkiller212 New Member

I got some pics on there I don't want others to see lol of my girl. Is their a way i can delete them?

7. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Hello sir it is evident you have pictures of females in various states of undress , you can either delete them from your iTunes library and then sync or you can open the photo app on your iPhone click the picture go to the trashcan on the lower right side and click delete.

8. gadget22

gadget22 Member
    Bronze

You better do it before you get "caught up".....

9. KNK

KNK New Member

You can download them off the iPhone to save and then delete.

If you just want to delete directly from the phone go to the picture, and the trash can is on the right side.

10. gregneedham

gregneedham New Member
    Bronze

The safest way would be to send them to me for careful archiving, then delete from your phone.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Why? Is she fugly? Did she fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down? :laugh2:

j/k!

12. termleech

termleech Zealot
    Gold

Sure, thing, you can sync them with your computer using iPhoto and delete the originals when it asks, then upload the photos on EIC and delete them from your computer :)

j/k

13. tafairchild@comcast.net

how do i delete songs from my iPhone

i think i am missing something, i need to go uncheck 1,500 songs and then resync my phone?! then, do i need to recheck them in order for them to play on my computer?

my phone synced all my songs the last time i charged it and now there is no room on my phone.

14. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

Pretty much...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  15. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

SikShift is right. If you don't want those on your phone any longer, uncheck the particular songs you want removed. You must also be sure to check the option "Only sync checked songs and media". You can highlight multiple songs at once and choose to either "Check or Uncheck selection" to make it a bit easier.

16. Ace2009

Ace2009 New Member

This is through iTunes, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  17. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

That is correct. You manage the files on the iPhone/iPod through iTunes exclusively.

18. Mike12000

Mike12000 Member
    Bronze

I've always managed all of my iPhone songs through various playlists. One playlist I sync has about 900 songs. I can delete entire playlists with one click from the iPhone main menu screen on my PC or I can go into individual playlists and delete songs or blocks of songs from there.

Sounds like you issue may stem from the songs being "grayed out". I've never seen that. On a PC I can highlight a song, Shift and left click at the bottom of the group I want to delete and remove songs as a group that way on iTunes, from a playlist I wish to modify for the iPhone.

I dunno, hope that's some help...

19. mikeyisfresh

mikeyisfresh New Member
    Bronze

thats probably your girlfriend isn't it? lolz.

20. frenchst

frenchst New Member

thousands of my photos had been uploaded from my computer when I synched. iPhones help was no help. so redid the synch using manual selection of which files on the computer to synch, pressed apply and waited for it to snch again. magically it removed all the previously uploaded photos from my iPhone. there must be a better way than this

21. aniatara

aniatara New Member

I want to delete songs from the iPod on my iPhone. I went to iTunes on my Mac and deleted them there and synced the iPhone again but the songs are still there. Then I rebooted the phone and they still are there. I hate them! How do I get them off once they are no longer in iTunes on my computer?