How do I determine how much battery life I have left?

mnoto

Oct 28, 2008
Hey everyone. I am new to the iPhone thing. I have an iPhone 3g and was wondering if there was a way to get to percentage of battery I have remianing before the 20% warning...:confused:

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
Hey everyone. I am new to the iPhone thing. I have an iPhone 3g and was wondering if there was a way to get to percentage of battery I have remianing before the 20% warning...:confused:

If your phone is JailBroken, Cydia has an app called my battery that will tell you

mnoto

Oct 28, 2008
I tried searching my apps for that and couldn't find it. Is there another way?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I tried searching my apps for that and couldn't find it. Is there another way?
Is your phone jailbroken? Jailbraking isn't an app from the store. It's a program that you gotta download on a pc/mac.

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
no there is not can't tell you have to "guesstimate"like BigCix said LOL but you get good at it after sometime.....just by the time In the day and the use you did you will know it's time for a charge....or you could have your phone jailbroken and there some apps for that on cybia

mnoto

Oct 28, 2008
What does it mean have your phone jail broken?

no there is not can't tell you have to "guesstimate"like BigCix said LOL but you get good at it after sometime.....just by the time In the day and the use you did you will know it's time for a charge....or you could have your phone jailbroken and there some apps for that on cybia

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
what it does is it gives you Access to apps that are not on the app store....you could fiend allot of videos on YouTube on how to do it ...It's a personal choises if you want to do it or not some people say that it slows your phone down when it's jailbroken and others say they have no problems..the good thing is you could allways restore it back to factory and Apple will never know so you don't need to worry about your warranty

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Actually, the correct thing to tell the OP is that it doesn't matter. iPhone batteries work better if you keep topping them off, and it's actally a bad thing to run them down to 20% or lower on a regular basis.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
Ummm, there is a battery meter in the top, right of the screen. Just like any other phone.