How do I disable copy-paste?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miskris, Jul 22, 2009.

1. miskris

miskris New Member

I really hate the new copy paste thing that's popping up all the time. I don't need to copy stuff on my iPhone i'm just not that active of a sharer/copier/paster. Plus this stupid window pops up when I go to type into some forums that I used to be able to type into on my iPhone. Now I can't at all.
    Anyone know if there is a way to turn this off? I can't find any settings for this nor can I find it in the user manual. Is it possible?

2. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

AFAIK, there is no setting for it.

3. primsa

primsa Member
    Bronze

Load 2.1 back!

4. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Dang, I was hoping there was such an option as well.

5. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Miskris,
    From those of us who have been waiting for copy/paste for nearly three years and are ecstatic to finally have it, please, keep these complaints to yourself. :)

6. itsbigdee36

itsbigdee36 Member

All u got to do is start typing then it goes away

7. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Just tap the textbox, don't tap and hold.

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Good God. After two+ years of complaining about not having copy and paste somebody already hates it. *sigh*

9. jptolife

jptolife Member
    Silver

Lol.. I've always say, you can never make everyone happy. Back when there was no copy and paste, I distance conplain because everyone else was. Now that there is, I still won't complain, someone will always do it anyway.

10. iLami

iLami New Member

I never complained about the lack of cut and paste.

I HATE the cut and paste; so unnecessary and obnoxious when I am trying to fix text messaging typos

11. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Really? If you tap quickly to select a character the CCP box doesn't show. if you hold your finger to the screen whilst moving to show the magnifying glass, the CCP box doesn't show.

the only time it shows is when you tap and hold in one place. I think its really intuitive and completely non intrusive. For those times when it accidentally shows, just tap to make it disappear. I didn't realise just how much id use it.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I always complained about the lack of copy & paste. And you know what? The wait was (maybe, heheh) worth it. Apple's implementation of copy & paste is really elegant and easy to use.

13. Jeffois

Jeffois New Member
    Bronze

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the subject heading.

@ the OP: Don't get me wrong, you have every right to dislike what you want. But after the earth-rattling complaints on this and other boards, it's funny to see complaints that this capability has been implemented.

Keep your eyes open in the app store though. I'd be surprised if someone doesn't come up with a way to disable it in the way you'd like.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd imagine that a utility to disable Apple's copy & paste would appear on Cydia, not the App Store.

15. Jeffois

Jeffois New Member
    Bronze

Certainly that's the case if Apple were to reject it. But what are the odds of that? :022:really

Clearly, I'm assuming, but I would imagine some enterprising young go-getter would work on that. Don't know which way it would come out. I'm not a JB kind of guy, so I tend not to think about it, but obviously Cydia is a possibility for this.

16. ashwini

ashwini Member
    Bronze

The only reason few of you don't like the copy/paste is you don't know how to use it. You tap once and start typing... simple! the bubble doesn't show up!

17. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Personally, I find the manner in which Apple has implemented Cut/Copy & Paste on the iPhone is phenomenal and more intuitive than any other PDA or smartphone I've ever used.

18. jopiej

jopiej Member
    Bronze

Agree! I love the shake thing for undo/redo....

19. krispy1121

krispy1121 New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I was wondering...is the new copy & paste feature only with the new 3GS or is it an upgrade to all iPhones? I'd LOVE to have it! I have the 3G. Thanks in advance!

20. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Copy and paste is on all 3.0 FW's and upwards from that. So the v1 iPhone has it along with the 3G, even the ipod touch has it as well :eek:k:eek:k