How Do I Display AM/PM on Lock Screen Clock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Watcher, May 29, 2010.

1. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I feel so stupid that I didn't notice or that it didn't bother me before but there is no AM or PM listed on the clock time in the lock screen. I don't have the iPhone on 24 hour format and the half-fix of toggling it from 12 hour to 24 hour format and restarting it does not work no matter how many times I do it.

The reason I suddenly noticed this was that I awoke from a good nap after work suddenly and thought it was the next morning by looking at the lock screen clock on my iPhone around 6:45PM and around that time, the light coming in from outside looks like it could be morning so I almost went in to work thinking I was late! :rolleyes: I know, it's really a funny story but so true and I now I desperately need to find a way to put AM/PM back in the lock screen clock as it currently stands. :confused:

After searching, I understand on a previous OS it was there but now it seems to be absent. Could someone please help me with this or at least tell me how to do it by SSHing the iPhone? I really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is Lockscreen Clock in Cydia.

[​IMG]

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I usually just look outside. Before bed, dark is usually PM. :sneaky:

4. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I was just asking for that one! :eek:k:eek:k

I figure AM/PM is kind of standard stuff in the U.S., at least. Besides, it is on the status bar on the home screens, why not on the lock screen? Oh well, a hackin' we will go! :)

5. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Maybe you can switch to military time and you won't need *m's.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What about 6 am and 6 pm in the winter and summer and winter in Alaska?
    If you want to use the one I posted, you can hide the lockclock with fontswap or Lockscreen Clock Hide. I can post the tranparent UILCD (to hide the bar behind the stock date and time) and the en.plist (to hide the stock date) if you want.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Transparent UILCD: No longer available.
    Directions: SSH it into your themes folder and apply through Winterboard.

en.plist: Link no longer valid
    Directions: SSH it into /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/DateFormats/
    and respring. Delete it and respring if you want to show the stock date again.

#7 Europa, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not exactly sure what he means by that, but some people would rather see 9:00 PM than 2100, so that's why I just gave directions for enabling am/pm.

9. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I've got one for you, Europa...

While I am creating my own lockscreen clock as sort of an alternate version of Element and Teehanlax, I want to know how to add AM/PM to the existing stock lock screen clock via SSH. Like my theme on the lock clock below with a Defused font wherein when you slide the button on the lock screen, Keanu Reeves says, "Whoa!" from The Matrix movie (I know... I thought of that one myself. Thank you... thank you very much! ;)). I would merely like to add AM/PM to that clock.

I've been digging around on the internet for a few days as well as within the infrastructure of the iPhone via SSH to no avail. I figure it might be some sort of plist or strings file or something like that but I don't know for sure. I was just wondering if you knew or someone else on here did. However, if worse comes to worse, I'll merely modify an existing lockscreen theme like the one you posted and increase the font, size and format to match that one below.

[​IMG]

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm not sure how to add am/pm to the lockclock, but I'll look around if I have time tonight.

Awesome lockscreen, btw. :eek:k:eek:k

11. Bluewing

Bluewing Member
    Bronze

Can you only customize the lock screen like that by Jailbreaking?

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yes. ......

13. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Thanks! :)

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Spam signature reported. The OP already stated that he doesn't want to use military time. He wants to enable am/pm.