How do I edit notes on computer?

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I used the Notes feature on my iPhone to type up stories. I have quite a few that I would like to edit on my computer. But I already know that I can email it to myself and do it that way.

My question is, that after I edit it...is there anyway possible that I can send it back onto the iPhone so I can continue adding to the story?

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Do you use Outlook or anything like that? which would have Notes as part of the software?

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I don't know why, but I have never been able to get Outlook to work with my iPhone. I tried for a couple of days, but gave up.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I don't know why, but I have never been able to get Outlook to work with my iPhone. I tried for a couple of days, but gave up.
You're probably doing something wrong then.
When you set up your email in iPhone, make sure that the smtp server has includes the port.

example: smtpout.cox.net:110

The ":110" is the port. You can find out about the port by going in outlook, tools > Email accounts > View> double click the email account > More settings > Advanced >

The outgoing smtp server should have a number (25 or 110 or 80 or......)

That's what you need!

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The iPhone notes do not sync with outlook notes. So the only thing you can do is email it to yourself but then you can't get it back into you iPhone notes! VERY stupid for a "smart" phone. I think Steve doesn't think we need that yet ;)

macrat

Jul 15, 2007
The iPhone notes do not sync with outlook notes. So the only thing you can do is email it to yourself but then you can't get it back into you iPhone notes! VERY stupid for a "smart" phone. I think Steve doesn't think we need that yet ;)
Another option is to create a "fake" contact called A1 Notes and paste your edited info into the notes section of the contact. When you sync, your A1 Notes contact will show in your iPhone Contacts and you can add to your notes either from your iPhone or your PC anytime. You can do the same with your "To Do List" In my case, I have my Notes as A1, To Do as A2 etc. et.:laugh2:

Working well for me until the next upgrades.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Another option is to create a "fake" contact called A1 Notes and paste your edited info into the notes section of the contact. When you sync, your A1 Notes contact will show in your iPhone Contacts and you can add to your notes either from your iPhone or your PC anytime. You can do the same with your "To Do List" In my case, I have my Notes as A1, To Do as A2 etc. et.:laugh2:

Working well for me until the next upgrades.
Ditto for me.

But what I do is label them like #Note: Subject of Note in the Company Name field. That way they (beginng with #) sort out of the way, yet still stay together (hopefully for the day Outlook does sync Notes with the iPhone).

I have found that notes stored in Contacts can be huge BTW. I tried testing the size limit but gave up at like 2,000 pages of text.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You're probably doing something wrong then.
When you set up your email in iPhone, make sure that the smtp server has includes the port.

example: smtpout.cox.net:110

The ":110" is the port. You can find out about the port by going in outlook, tools > Email accounts > View> double click the email account > More settings > Advanced >

The outgoing smtp server should have a number (25 or 110 or 80 or......)

That's what you need!
What does this have to do with syncing Outlook notes? I don't believe she has trouble sending email.

--
Mike

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Have any of you guys had any luck with the EditNotes application?
I downloaded it onto my phone along with Preview application and Finder, but it just opens and does nothing. I can't load anything into it.

I just found it pointless.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Have any of you guys had any luck with the EditNotes application?
I downloaded it onto my phone along with Preview application and Finder, but it just opens and does nothing. I can't load anything into it.

I just found it pointless.

Am I doing something wrong?
yes Mobile TextEdit/MobilePreview have not yet worked for me. But I keep them installed with fingers-crossed. Mobile Finder has gotten a lot better, for instance.

And for the record I have binkit and Erica's Utilities installed too--still can't get TextEdit to work.

--
Mike