How do I erase "My Number"?

62belair

Jul 24, 2007
I am preparing my iPhone to sell it on ebay. I have done a complete restore and re-jailbroke and unlocked it. All info, contacts, etc. have been wiped clean except "My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx" under the contacts list. Is there a way to get rid of this without removing the SIM or should I remove it and sell it without the SIM?

Thanks in advance

62belair

Jul 24, 2007
I was kinda thinking that I should take it out but I wasn't sure. This is the first GSM phone I've had. Most people where I live have Verizon so I went back mainly for the mobile to mobile and got a Pearl. Thanks for the input!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When I sold my 4 gig, I left the sim in. However, I activated my 8 gig before I shipped my 4 gig, and thus my number was not shown.

GREECH

Jun 26, 2008
blackberry pearl

I am preparing my iPhone to sell it on ebay. I have done a complete restore and re-jailbroke and unlocked it. All info, contacts, etc. have been wiped clean except "My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx" under the contacts list. Is there a way to get rid of this without removing the SIM or should I remove it and sell it without the SIM?

Thanks in advance
i have a blackberry thaT is the type that doesn't use a sim card, how do i erase "my number" before selling it on ebay? i have wiped it clean and thats the only thing left i would like to erase

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you're selling it, you should check this out. Unless this is done, personal information can still be retrieved from the iPhone.

- John

robotnick

Apr 25, 2008
how to erase "my number" from simcard on iPhone OS 3.x

go to Settings/Phone/My Number
type '+' & tap 'save'
your number just erased
restart the phone
voila

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you're selling it, you should check this out. Unless this is done, personal information can still be retrieved from the iPhone.

- John
In settings there is now an "erase all content" option. Is this not Apples way of doing the same thing? Think this option came with 3.0