How do I erase "My Number"?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by 62belair, Jun 6, 2008.

1. 62belair

62belair New Member

I am preparing my iPhone to sell it on ebay. I have done a complete restore and re-jailbroke and unlocked it. All info, contacts, etc. have been wiped clean except "My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx" under the contacts list. Is there a way to get rid of this without removing the SIM or should I remove it and sell it without the SIM?

Thanks in advance
  2. Marianne

Marianne Moderator

remove it and sell it without the sim. the iphone shows the phone number from the sim.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. dturner

dturner Zealot

Macgirl is right. Never sell a phone with the sim card.
  5. 62belair

62belair New Member

I was kinda thinking that I should take it out but I wasn't sure. This is the first GSM phone I've had. Most people where I live have Verizon so I went back mainly for the mobile to mobile and got a Pearl. Thanks for the input!
  6. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot

When I sold my 4 gig, I left the sim in. However, I activated my 8 gig before I shipped my 4 gig, and thus my number was not shown.
  7. GREECH

GREECH New Member

blackberry pearl

i have a blackberry thaT is the type that doesn't use a sim card, how do i erase "my number" before selling it on ebay? i have wiped it clean and thats the only thing left i would like to erase
  8. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

If you're selling it, you should check this out. Unless this is done, personal information can still be retrieved from the iPhone.

- John
  9. robotnick

robotnick New Member

how to erase "my number" from simcard on iPhone OS 3.x

go to Settings/Phone/My Number
    type '+' & tap 'save'
    your number just erased
    restart the phone
    voila
  10. iNinja

iNinja Zealot

In settings there is now an "erase all content" option. Is this not Apples way of doing the same thing? Think this option came with 3.0