How do I find a recent backup sync in iTunes?

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
somehow lost all my phone #s in my address book on my computer when i sent it via bluetooth to another phone. Sold my 3g, now have the 3gs, but no phone #s.. how do i locate that list of backups i see sometimes?! please help..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried restoring the 3GS from a back up of the 3G in iTunes yet?

Windows? The back up is located here, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Sync your contacts with a Gmail or Yahoo account in iTunes to avoid this problem in the future.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Have you tried restoring the 3GS from a back up of the 3G in iTunes yet?

Windows? The back up is located here, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Sync your contacts with a Gmail or Yahoo account in iTunes to avoid this problem in the future.
Europa is that on Vista? It's been a while but if my memory serves me right, I think in XP it's located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, that's the location on the dreadful Vista OS.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
I tried to restore last night, but never saw the option to choose from a past sync. How do i find that option?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If there is a back up stored on the computer, iTunes will ask you if you want to restore to factory settings or from a previous back up of "your iPhone". If no back up is present, it will restore to factory settings.