How do I find out how much data I use?

Ron K

Oct 22, 2009
Hi, as ATT is changing their pricing structure based on data usage, I was interested to find out how much data I do use.
So to check I opened "settings", then Usage and then under cellular network data I see
Sent 73.4MB, Received 613 MB
Here's my question - what is the time frame that responds to. As I have never reset since purchasing the phone, is it the total, is it the last month, etc
Anyone know? (613mb seems awful low considering how much I use it)
Thanks
Ron

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Go to att.com and log into your account. It will show you your data usage for the month and there is an option to see several months of past data usage.

As Europa said, visit the AT&T site. It is really a well organized site with great information. It has the best presentation of cell phone billing I have seen. I was able to drop my combined bill for my 2 iPhones by about $40 by making use of their free A-List option.
Enjoy unlimited calls to and from the phone numbers in your A-List. Your A-List can include valid domestic phone numbers for any domestic service provider - wireless or landline.
I just browsed through my calling history and added the most called numbers. Everyone should do this. I was able to change from a Family Talk Unlimited to Family Talk 1400.

Ron K

Oct 22, 2009
OK, it's definitely not the amount of data since the last charge.
But I did go to the ATT site and you can look up your history of usage
I've been using a low of 41MB to a high of 161mb. I don't download songs on this phone but I surf a lot, some internet radio, you tube etc. I thought I would be at a much higher usage.