How do I find out how much data I use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ron K, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ron K

Ron K New Member

Hi, as ATT is changing their pricing structure based on data usage, I was interested to find out how much data I do use.
    So to check I opened "settings", then Usage and then under cellular network data I see
    Sent 73.4MB, Received 613 MB
    Here's my question - what is the time frame that responds to. As I have never reset since purchasing the phone, is it the total, is it the last month, etc
    Anyone know? (613mb seems awful low considering how much I use it)
    Thanks
    Ron

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go to att.com and log into your account. It will show you your data usage for the month and there is an option to see several months of past data usage.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. MrEous

MrEous Member
    Silver

The time frame you're looking at in Settings is the usage since last charge, I believe.

5. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

As Europa said, visit the AT&T site. It is really a well organized site with great information. It has the best presentation of cell phone billing I have seen. I was able to drop my combined bill for my 2 iPhones by about $40 by making use of their free A-List option.
    I just browsed through my calling history and added the most called numbers. Everyone should do this. I was able to change from a Family Talk Unlimited to Family Talk 1400.

6. rojocrandall

rojocrandall Member
    Bronze

Yes - under Cellular Network Data. I'm going to reset my iPhone statistics next billing cycle and compare my iPhone's tally to att.com

7. Ron K

Ron K New Member

OK, it's definitely not the amount of data since the last charge.
    But I did go to the ATT site and you can look up your history of usage
    I've been using a low of 41MB to a high of 161mb. I don't download songs on this phone but I surf a lot, some internet radio, you tube etc. I thought I would be at a much higher usage.