how do I fix this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
was messing around with customize to move around my icons and i accidentally switched the amount of icons on my menu to "0" and now i have no icons on my menu except for the ones on the dock. How do i get all my icons back?

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
well i didn't know what to do so i was going to try and restore my phone with iTunes but i cant do that now. i plug in my phone and it comes up in iTunes as an iPod. why does it think my phone is an ipod now? when i click the restore button it says "software for this ipod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again." now how can i just restore my phone back to factory settings?

edit: well after disconnecting and reconnecting my phone form the pc a few times iTunes recognized my iPhone and it still has everything on it but the iPhone screen is stuck on the Apple logo and i cant use it. when i try to restore my phone from iTunes it says "there was a problem downloading the iPhone software for the iPhone "xxx". the requested resourse was not found."

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
L2P NOOB!

Ahem, I had to get that out of the way.

Anyway, you need to just replace a specific file on your iPhone to get everything back.

Head over here for more insight:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/summerboard-1-1-1.12794/

You need to upload the attachment in that post to your iPhone. Read the the thread through to find out where.

You're not the first person with this problem, and the answers are all here in this Mods forum if you're willing to devote the time to searching it out.

/LFG SV Need Healer and GTG

Last edited by a moderator:

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i appreciate the help 999 but how does that help me restore my phone? currently all i can see on my phone is the Apple logo from the start up and i cant restore my phone from iTunes

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Blargh, my post didn't hit until after your 2nd post it looks like. On my browser I was replying to your first post.

I'll try and help find some posts with your problem, I'm sure I've seen it before.

Some stuff you can try is changing your USB port, just move your plug over one. Fixed a connection problem for myself and a few friends.

Edit-

Okay I've read your posts, give me a sec here.

---

Okay, first let me explain what happened, and then figure out where to go from there.

Customize has a known bug which can alter your M68AP.plist to read that its an iPod rather than an iPhone. I don't know exactly why, other than I have had the same problem as well as everyone else who has tried to use Customize on 1.1.1.

What we need to find out is if your phone has SSH installed on it, and if you can get back to your blank springboard where just your icons were showing.

Basically you have to get a clean M68AP.plist back on to your phone.

Try this:

Hold the home button and the top power button for 5 seconds, does it automatically power down? Press the power button now, it "should" take you back to your springboard. This worked for me when I was stuck at the Apple screen, its worth a shot.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
if i have my phone plugged into the computer and i hold down the 2 buttons to reset the phone my pc then thinks its an ipod. when i disconnect my phone from the computer and hold the buttons to reset it again the pc then recognizes it as a phone. i did what you said however i am still stuck at the same screen ive seen for about a half hour now: the Apple logo. have reset it many times and thats all ive seen. iTunes doesn't let me restore my for some reason

edit: when i try to restore my phone in iTunes it says "the requested resource was not found." what "resource" is it missing?

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
well i moved from my desktop to my laptop to see if i can restore my iPhone from my laptop and when i click the "restore" button in iTunes this message pops up: "
iPhone Software
Version 1.1.1
WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the Internet may cause irreparable damage to the iPhone's software. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED YOUR iPHONE'S SOFTWARE, APPLYING THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE MAY RESULT IN YOUR iPHONE BECOMING PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE. Making unauthorized modifications to the software on your iPhone voilates the iPhone software license agreement, and the inability to use your iPhone due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your iPhone's warranty.
This version of the software includes additional new features, bug fixes and supersedes all previous versions. "

i already have version 1.1.1. i stopped there and did not continue with the restore because i am not sure if it is safe to continue with the restore or if my phone will get bricked. is it safe to continues with the restore?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
well i moved from my desktop to my laptop to see if i can restore my iPhone from my laptop and when i click the "restore" button in iTunes this message pops up: "
iPhone Software
Version 1.1.1
WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the Internet may cause irreparable damage to the iPhone's software. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED YOUR iPHONE'S SOFTWARE, APPLYING THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE MAY RESULT IN YOUR iPHONE BECOMING PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE. Making unauthorized modifications to the software on your iPhone voilates the iPhone software license agreement, and the inability to use your iPhone due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your iPhone's warranty.
This version of the software includes additional new features, bug fixes and supersedes all previous versions. "

i already have version 1.1.1. i stopped there and did not continue with the restore because i am not sure if it is safe to continue with the restore or if my phone will get bricked. is it safe to continues with the restore?
Basically that was the warning for people who "unlocked" their phone to be used on carriers OTHER than AT&T.

If you just "Jailbroke" your phone so that you can install stuff like NES, then you are FINE.

Apple's warning was for "Unlockers" because it will hurt your phone. There was an error in the "Unlock" software which corrupted your BaseBand. The Update doesn't account for that corruption and puts the phone into a "ACIVATE PHONE" loop.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
restoring my phone on my laptop worked. now i just have to hack everything again. thanks for your time and help x999x

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
rejoyce! another problem! phone is restored and such, was going to begin jailbreaking it again but now it says my phone only has 300mb of capacity and 50.2mb available and there is nothing on my phone except for the stuff i had in the backup (contacts etc.). i saw someone have this problem before but i couldnt find it anywhere. how do i fix this?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
rejoyce! another problem! phone is restored and such, was going to begin jailbreaking it again but now it says my phone only has 300mb of capacity and 50.2mb available and there is nothing on my phone except for the stuff i had in the backup (contacts etc.). i saw someone have this problem before but i couldnt find it anywhere. how do i fix this?
Go back to Tinman's thread where you learned to jailbreak. There's a post from someone with your exact problem there. Tinman replied with the fix.