How do I get a live weather app?

Anspiew85

Jun 11, 2009
how do you get a live weather app? i cant get one to work...i saw a screen shot that had it up by the battery meter.. i really liked that one.. is there anyone out there that can walk me threw this?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is your phone already jailbroken?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
In Cydia, download "weather icon". This will put the live weather (temperature) on top of your weather icon on the home screen. Next download "klear weather icon theme" in Cydia. This will put the current weater conditions (sunny, rainy, cloudy etc images) on the weather icon. This method is really easy because you don't need to SSH into the phone and edit a string file to add in your zip code or city, instead it just uses the first city listed in your stock weather app, so be sure yours is on top.

You can add the weather to the status bar next to the battery icon, like you saw in my screenshot, by going to Settings -> Weather Icon -> and turning "Status Bar Image" and "Status Bar Temp" on. On the same screen, be sure the "Application" is set to "iPhone Weather" and the "Weather Icon" is on. You can change the refresh time from anywhere between 1 minute and 6 hours.

Anspiew85

Jun 11, 2009
thank u... still not gettting the clouds but got the temp

Jan 7, 2009
weather

I found the additional thing needed. Install Winterboard and there is an option for KlearWeather to be switched on. If this is done then the icon weather will be updated. Sweet.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I see under weather icon there is an option to refresh...does this really do anything? The weather doesn't update unless you go into the actual weather program, then it updates on the screen and in the status bar....am i missing something, or is that correct?

Jan 7, 2009
You can change the refresh time from anywhere between 1 minute and 6 hours.

Go into settings - you should have a Weather Icon setting that you can adjust a few things, including how often to update. It works on mine (every 30 minutes right now).

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
how do you get a live weather app? i cant get one to work...i saw a screen shot that had it up by the battery meter.. i really liked that one.. is there anyone out there that can walk me threw this?
What kind of weather do you need? As a pilot (with an unbroken and non JB'd 3GS) I've been testing a few free apps for about 3 days now and have a few that work perfect for me.